32.

*warning : this chapter involves kinda intense sMuT - read at your own risk*

————————  ————————

It was the Christmas holidays.

The majority of Maeve's holiday consisted of uptight pureblood 'events', death eater meetings, and doing homework. It was awful.

However, the highlights of her holiday was when she could travel up to Hogsmeade to then walk to Hogwarts to add to her potion. She would tell her parents that she was just visiting Cissa or Reg or Liz. It was a little relief, being inside that castle, safe from the world outside. She never would admit it, but she really did love her school.

Remus had decided to join her for this visit, since it was her last one of the holiday. She felt near blissful as they walked to Hogwarts together, hand in hand, not afraid of being spotted since there would barely be any students at the school or round the area that would know them.

"Hey, Remus, let's just clarify...only one pinch?"

"Yes, only-" He looked up before rolling his eyes, "You're joking, of course."

"Loosen up, Lupin," She teased.

"Shut up," He said, grinning, before looking outside, "Oh bloody hell."

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's raining again!" He groaned, "Look out the window. How is it always raining?"

"Feels like every day this holiday," Maeve nodded, "But that's Britain for you."

"Fuck Britain," Remus muttered, laying back on the floor.

"I like Britain," Maeve shrugged, finishing stirring the potion, "Hey, I think I'm done. Get up."

"Oh nice," He stood up, pulling her up by her hand, "Back to Hogsmeade?"

"Yes, let's go."

They left the office, which was empty (Dumbledore was at a meeting), and headed out to the rain. Sweet Merlin, Maeve hated rain.

"Ah, shit," She cursed as they stood outside, "We're gonna get drenched."

"Better walk fast then, love, come on," Remus smirked, grabbing her hand.

"I hate rain...and mud...and all of this," Maeve said, screwing up her face.

"Oh come on, it's just nature!" Remus laughed.

"It's disgusting," She said.

"I think posh Maeve Iverson is coming out," Remus teased.

"Hey!" She nudged him, making him nearly slip.

"Don't hey me, I'm right!" Remus said jokingly, nudging her back.

But she wasn't really prepared for the nudge, and slipped, falling back into the mud. She was now soaked with a mixture of rainwater and dirt, her clothes included.

"Remus!" She screeched.

He swore, helping her up off the floor.

"I'm very mad at you," She said tightly.

"I know, baby, let's get you back inside," He said gently.

"I'm so cold, this is all your fault," She grumpily muttered.

"I know," He said, guiding her towards the castle, "Come on, love."

"I just want a shower now, look how dirty I am!" She shrieked, looking at herself.