12.

Dear Maeve,

You looked stressed in potions, and my friends were definitely not helping. Thought you needed this.

Remus

She grinned at the note and took it off the cigarette box it was attached to.

It was getting to the point where the fact that her friends and family would kill her if they found out she was even associated with someone like Remus was a fleeting thought in her mind. It got pushed out the way of her priorities when she remembered how pretty his eyes were, how tall he was, how good he smelt and how he made her heart race like nothing else could.

She got out a piece of spare parchment and began to wrote back to him.

Dear Remus,

The window after curfew? Let's put these cigs to good use, unless you're too chicken.

Maeve

P.S. wear something warm, it'll be cold tonight

She gave it to his owl who quickly flew away.

"Who was that to?"

"Hey," Maeve jumped round, "Fuck me Cissa you scared me so much."

"So who was that letter to?" She asked.

"My parents," Maeve said.

"Your parents sent you cigarettes?" Cissa said with a laugh.

"No, those are mine. Now mind your own business," Maeve said defensively.

Great cover up, Maeve. Really fantastic.

"Okay damn," Cissa laughed, holding her hands up in surrender, "I just came in here to get my jumper, it's seriously cold. Are you sure you don't wanna come down to the common room? All the guys are down there, it's fun."

"I'm fine up here," Maeve said, but added after seeing her friend's disappointed face, "but thank you for thinking of me."

Cissa was the only person Maeve would be that soft towards.

"Love you Maevey," Cissa grinned.

"Yeah yeah," Maeve waved her off with a small grin.

After Cissa had left, Maeve sat down on her bed waiting for Remus' reply. In her boredom, she pulled back the sleeve of her shirt to look at her tattoo a bit.

It was truly beautiful, despite how much it hurt. The deep black ink was embedded in her skin, not just on the surface. It was fresh, and so was sore and red on the outside, but the dark tattoo itself had a refreshing clarity in it's shape and detail. She loved it.

The flutter of wings interrupted her train of thought. She looked up to see Remus' owl clutching a bit of parchment in its beak and she jumped up in her excitement. She grabbed the letter and opened it:

Maeve,

I'll be there if you bring coffee.

Remus

She laughed slightly to herself and looked at the clock to see how long she had until curfew: half an hour.

She went to the bathroom and took her hair out of it's ponytail to brush it. She then got changed from her school uniform into jeans and a dark red muggle top that revealed a bit of cleavage but was still long-sleeved for warmth; honestly muggle clothes could be so slutty sometimes. Not that she was complaining.

She threw a jumper over her top to be safe, tucked her wand in the waistband of her jeans, and put the box of cigarettes into her pocket before leaving the dorm. Walking downstairs she tried to be quiet so her friends couldn't see her.