40.

PART THREE: SEVENTH  YEAR

"Apart from the fact that you just threatened to kill me, you seem really nice

"Apart from the fact that you just threatened to kill me, you seem really nice."

———————— ❈ ————————

The Nile. A north-flowing river in Africa, among the world's longest waterways. Home to the Great Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza near Cairo. It was beautiful. The only problem was their were way too many people around it, so subtly taking water from it was really fucking difficult.

"Keep up, shortstack"

"It's hot, Remus!"

"I know I am, that's not an excuse," He joked.

"Shut up," She groaned, catching up and shoving him slightly, "You know you're very annoying?"

"I do indeed," He smirked, swinging an arm round her shoulders, "But you love me."

"Unfortunately I do," She laughed, "How much further?"

"Until there aren't people," He told her.

"But we've come in peak tourist season, there's so many people," She said.

"Then we'll walk until dark," He said carelessly, "Come on, love, it's our last collection, last continent. Let's make the most of it."

The past seven weeks they had been collecting the water, each week they would have collected another one and, now being able to apparate, they returned to Hogsmeade to go to Hogwarts to add the water to the potion. Africa was the final continent on their list. When they returned to Hogwarts this time, they would stay and complete the potion.

"Oh dear, I know you're tired when you start being sentimental," She giggled.

"Well of course I'm tired, tired of your whining," He teased.

She pushed him gently, "You couldn't survive without me."

"That's true," He said, "And you couldn't without me."

"I'm sure I could."

"Sure, babe," He scoffed, "First of all, you wouldn't be able to reach anything without me."

"Yeah...well...you're freakishly tall...shut up," She grumbled.

He laughed, looking up to the sky, "The weather is so beautiful."

"It is," She admitted, "The sun has made my hair almost white."

"Gorgeous," Remus turned to smile down her.