79.

"Hey," Maeve walked into the kitchen where Remus was making some coffee, "Molly's invited us to dinner on Friday."

"Oh, really?" Remus looked up, "well that's kind of her."

"You alright to go?"

"Of course, here," he passed her a cup of coffee.

"Cheers," she took a sip and sighed in satisfaction, "that's good."

They sat in the bay window and looked out to the London street.

"I finished that portrait of you," Maeve said softly.

"You did? How?"

"When I was recovering from the concussion...I don't know, I had a lot of free time," she shrugged.

"God, I feel so awful that any of that happened," he sighed.

"I know," she looked down at her lap, "it wasn't great...but we both agreed we would both try to move forward from it, right?"

"Right," he sighed and nodded, "sorry."

"It's okay," she reached forward with her free hand and gripped his hand, and he (out of instinct) squeezed it back.

They fell into a comfortable silence with each other, looking out the window, the sun hidden behind the clouds but the warmth still around them, since it was the height of summer.

"So," Remus started, making her look over at him, "dinner at Molly's will be fun."

"Yeah," Maeve smiled, before saying, "oh, and just a warning, they have five kids."

"Five?!" Remus repeated, almost choking on his coffee.

"Yep..."

"That's...that's a lot of kids...man, they're not even that much older than us, are they?"

"Nah, I think Molly's about ten years older than us," Maeve said.

"Really? Wow..."

"Five kids is a lot though," she said.

"Mhm," he nodded, visibly gulping.

"Oh don't worry, Molly and Arthur are pretty chilled out people, I'm sure their kids will be fine too," she reassured him.

It was safe to say that nothing about that sentence was true, Maeve just didn't realise it yet.

≿ ———————— ❈ ———————— ≾

"Ready?"

"Ready."

Maeve knocked on the door to the Burrow.

It was an incredible looking house. Rickety and old, with just the right amount of defiance for physics and the aspect of gravity. It looked as though it had once been a large stone pigpen, but extra rooms had been added here and there until it was several stories high and very crooked, obviously held up by magic. Four or five chimneys were perched on top of the red roof. Around the front door lay a jumble of rubber boots and a very rusty cauldron. Several fat brown chickens were pecking their way around the yard.

The door swung opened. There was a little boy, looking probably 7 or 8 years old, and a redhead (of course).

"Hi!" He said with a huge grin on his face.

"Hello-"

"MUM! THEY'RE HERE!" He bellowed behind him.