63.

"Are you ready?" Maeve asked Remus, gripping his hand nervously.

"Well I won't be able to sign any of the papers if you break my hand," Remus said, referring to the tight grip she had.

"Sorry," She loosened her grip slightly, but didn't let go.

"Don't be nervous love, the hard part's over," Remus soothed her, before beginning to swing their hands, because it never failed to make her smile, "all we've got to do is sign the papers and then we'll be fully-qualified, registered Aurors."

"Well yeah, when you put it that way it sounds easy," Maeve said.

"It is easy," He told her.

"But it's a big deal!" She said.

"I never said it wasn't," He said, flashing her an understanding smile, "Look, babe, I know it's a big deal but it's a good big deal. I promise you'll be alright, this is a good thing."

"Okay," She murmured.

"Here, let's sit down."

They sat down by the office, Lily was in there right now. James and Sirus were waiting in their seats, so relaxed that they were having a thumb war tournament to pass the time. Typical.

Remus stroked circles with his thumb on the back of Maeve's hand to calm her down. It would all be fine, they both knew it. But, Remus thought, the last time Maeve committed to an organisation as big as this it didn't turn out too well.

"Has Sofia been settling in okay at our house? I know it's weird for cats..."

"You don't have to try to distract me, Remus," Maeve giggled.

"I just want you to relax," He admitted, shaking his head with a laugh.

"I'm fine," She assured him.

"Okay, okay," He left her hand to his lips and pressed a quick kiss to it.

"Hey, guys, do you wanna come back to my place after we stop by the Order HQ?" Sirius asked.

"Oh, sorry Sirius, me and Remus were gonna go out for dinner together," Maeve said.

"Maybe another time?" Remus asked.

"Thank you, Miss Evans."

They looked to see Lily leaving the office, a thrilled look on her face. She gave them a nod.

"Congratulations!" James hugged her.

"Miss Iverson?" Kingsley Shacklebolt popped his head out the door, "Your turn."

She flashed Remus a final look, before standing up and walking to the office.

"Hello, Miss Iverson, please take a seat," Moody sat on the other side of the desk, Shacklebolt standing behind him.

It was quite intimidating.

"Now, I have been told by Mr Shacklebolt that you have received top marks in the majority of your training modules, which is very impressive, I have to admit, well done," Moody said, reluctantly, as if it pained him to compliment someone.

"Thank you, Sir," She nodded at him, smiling gratefully, knowing the tiniest bit of praise for him wasn't to be taken lightly.

"Everything is in order, you have completed this shortened course, and now have the qualifications and title of an auror," Moody told her.

"All you have to do is sign the papers, agreeing that you are aware of your duties and will carry them out to the best of your abilities," Shacklebolt told her, holding out a quill.

She nodded, taking the quill and dipping it into the bottle of ink on the desk. She skimmed the information on the papers, before signing her name.

After she had signed the last one, the papers zoomed away from her and tucked themselves away into a little folder on the shelf behind Kingsley's head.

"And here is your official certificate of qualification," Moody handed her a sheet of parchment, which had official-looking gold ink on it.

"Thank you," Maeve nodded, picking it up as she stood.

"You're dismissed, thank you, Miss Iverson," Moody nodded.

She nodded back, leaving the room happily. Remus was right, it wasn't hard at all.

≿ ———————— ❈ ———————— ≾

"I would like to make a toast," Remus said quietly, grinning, lifting his glass, "To us, now official aurors."

"To us," Maeve echoed softly, clinking her glass against his and taking a sip of her wine.

They ate their food happily, comfortably quiet for a moment, before Remus piped up again.

"Have you ever watched Mary Poppins?" He asked.

"Is it another muggle film?" She asked, having another mouthful.

"It is," He nodded, smiling fondly at her.

"Then I have not," She said.

"You should watch it. If you like the story of Alice in Wonderland, then you'd love Mary Poppins, it's got the same surreal vibe," Remus told her.

"What's it about?" She asked, now curious.

"It's about a nanny called Mary Poppins, and she can do magic, which is cool to everyone else because obviously they're muggles," Remus said, stopping to sip his wine, before continuing, "And she looks after these troublesome children, Jane and Michael, who are actually troublesome because their father is this stressy banker who's neglectful and she inspires him to- you look very bored."

"No no, carry on, I just like the sound of your voice so I may have zoned out a bit," She giggled.

"You just have to watch it, that's the point," He said, laughing.

"Fine fine, we'll watch it together soon then?" She asked.

"Yes, that'd be good," He smiled.

"Do you think we should try to go looking for a flat soon?" Maeve asked.

"Yeah I want to, as soon as our salary kicks in, of course," Remus said, having some more wine and humming in contentment, "This wine is really good."

"Well this is a good restaurant," Maeve said, looking round her.

"I love taking you out on dates," He grinned at her, "Being with the most beautiful girl in the place."

"Oh shut up," She waved her hand dismissively, smiling bashfully.

"It's the truth babe, I don't know how I got so lucky, I wonder it every day," He told her with a smile.

"Oh...shush," She looked down to hide her blush, making him laugh.

"And, I know I've said it loads, but I'm still really sorry for the other night, I was so stupid-"

"Stop," She put her hand over his, "It's okay, I've told you that it's okay. I think it gave us perspective, which is important."

"Definitely," He turned his hand round to hold hers, "I love you."

"I love you more," She grinned.

"Nope."

"Yep."

"You don't."

"I do."

"I really doubt that."

"I doubt you doubt that."

"Shut up."

"Make me."