70.

Warning : it gets very smutty...so don't
read if you don't like that
kinda stuff
but also if you dont like smut
i don't know why you're still
reading this story its kinda
filthy...so....

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Maeve jumped on Remus excitedly, making him wake up with a start, sleepily looking at her.

"Thanks, sunshine," he said, before closing his eyes again, "now let me sleep."

"Nope," she grinned climbing off of him to grab something on the window sill.

She ran back and handed him a small present wrapped up neatly.

"What's this?" He asked, smiling and sitting up in his bed.

"Your first birthday present of the day," she said, bouncing onto the space beside him on the bed excitedly, "open it! Open it!"

"Damn you're excited today," he laughed, "thank you for this love, you really didn't have to."

He opened the present carefully as she watched, a huge smile on her face. It was a little box, which contained a picture of a block of flats and an address.

"Isn't this where Sirius' flat is?" He asked her.

"Yes," she nodded, "a flat two floors above him became up for sale two weeks ago and he sent us a letter about it but I opened it and didn't show you. I contacted the landlord myself and as soon as we put in the down payment...it's ours!"

"Ours? You're kidding!" He exclaimed, pulling her into a hug and laughing, "I can't believe you! How could you keep it a secret for two whole weeks?"

"With GREAT difficulty," she giggled as they pulled away, "I just wanted it to be a birthday surprise...many more of those to come."

"I love you," he pulled her into a kiss.

"Now let's go downstairs, your Dad's making breakfast," she said, pushing him out of bed.

"Oh god no, why my Dad?"

"Don't worry, your Mum's helping him, making sure he doesn't poison us," Maeve reassured him.

"Okay," he laughed and got up reluctantly, before shooting her a fond grin, "hey...we're going to be living together..."

"We already live together, genius," she teased.

"Well I, hey I know that," he laughed and rolled his eyes, "I just meant...our own flat...just us two..."

"Just us two," she repeated softly, going on her toes to press a soft kiss to his lips.

"Mm no, come back," he mumbled, reaching for her as she pulled away and made her way to the door.

"Don't worry babe, you'll get plenty more of that later," she said quietly, shooting him a cheeky wink which made his eyes widen considerably.

"Wait wh-"

"Hurry up, we've got breakfast to eat!"

≿ ———————— ❈ ———————— ≾

Later that day Remus and Maeve went on a walk through the fields and hidden bridleways near his house, the spring sun warming them. Hand in hand, they strolled leisurely, revelling in the freedom they felt, something they hadn't often been able to experience together before this year.