Y/n's Book of Rules

Y/n walked out to see Kate crying, she immediately ran over and hugged her.

Y/n didn't ask any questions, she knew it wasn't the right moment to ask. It was part of Y/n's rule book to never immediately ask someone why they're crying.

2. never immediately ask someone why they're crying, let them cry for at least a couple of minutes before you ask what's wrong. let them let their feelings out before you ask. if they say they don't want to be a burden to you, tell them they're not and refer to rule #5.

Y/n just let Kate cry for a couple of minutes until Kate felt comfortable to tell her what happened.

"I'm so sorry you have to see me like this, I really don't want to be a burden to you," Kate cried.

"Kate, don't think that," Y/n frowned, "You're my friend, you are not a burden. You don't have to tell me what happened, but if you do I'll be here to listen."

5. listen never interrupt, especially if someone is upset, don't go and interrupt someone and try and fix their problems for them. just be there and if they want your help, then that's when you can suggest what they can do, remember only suggest solutions, wether or not they chose to do so is their own decision.

"Thanks," Kate sniffed, "Remember how last night I told you I thought Hyrum might propose to me soon."

"Yeah," Y/n nodded.

"Well," Kate said, trying to hold back her tears, "I thought everything was going well, but he-"

"If you don't want to keep going it's fine," Y/n said putting a hand on her shoulder, "Do you want some ice cream?"

Kate nodded, Y/n got up and went to their freezer and grabbed a tub of Kate's favorite ice cream, Peanut Butter Trails Ice Cream.

12. always keep a tub of 'upset ice cream' handy, in case of a break up or unwanted sad emotions. never eat this specific tub unless you or someone else needs it, so when the time comes you don't have to leave the house and get more. (tips for college Y/n, in case of a roommate, make sure you know what their favorite ice cream is and buy that for them)

Y/n grabbed a spoon for Kate and gave her the ice cream, and Kate gave her a small smile, "Thanks."

"Anything for my favorite roommate," Y/n said giving Kate a sincere smile.

Kate are some of the ice cream and took a couple of deep breaths, "I think I can keep talking about it now she said in a shaky voice.

"Okay," Y/n said, "But only if you want to, I don't want to make you feel like you have to."

"Y/n it's fine," Kate said, "I wouldn't tell you if I didn't want to."

Y/n just nodded.

"He broke up with me," Kate said, a tear fell from her eye, "He said he wasn't sure I was the one he wanted to spend eternity with."

Y/n nodded, "He's wrong, and I bet he'll realize that he made a huge mistake," she reassured, "and if he does then that's when you can decide what to do."

Kate nodded and ate some more ice cream, Y/n pulled out her MacBook, "Do you want to watch Little Rascals?" Y/n asked.

Kate gave a small nod, Y/n found the movie and started it.

They spent the night watching movies such as, Little Rascals and Good Burger.

Y/n didn't know how she was going to tell Kate that she was going to leave for Atlanta on Monday, which was in six days.

It was one in the morning when the two of them went to bed.

However Y/n couldn't sleep, she didn't know what to do, by now there was only five days till she had to leave, and now that Hyrum had broken up with Kate, Kate was upset. Y/n didn't know what to do.

So, the next morning Y/n got up and got ready for the day, she changed, and did her makeup. Kate got up shortly after.

"Uh, Kate," Y/n said, "There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?" Kate asked, she was still sad but a little less than the night before.

"ImightbeleavingtoAtlantaonmonday," Y/n said very quickly.

"What?" Kate asked, "You might be what on Monday?"

Y/n took a deep breath, "I got a call yesterday from John Watts asking me if I could be in the new Spider-man movie."

"Y/n!" Kate exclaimed, "That's amazing! When are you leaving to film?"

"That's the thing," Y/n said, "I'm leaving on Monday. I hope that's okay."

"Y/n, it's fine, I can figure out how to get another roommate," Kate reassured her, "I know I'm kinda a mess at the moment but you should be happy."

"Thanks, Kate," Y/n said, "I appreciate your support."

"Just don't forget me when you're famous, and we'll be good," Kate joked.

"How could I forget about my favorite roommate?" Y/n laughed, "I could never forget you."

"Did you want help packing?" Kate asked, "Because now I have lots of free time." Kate's smile went away for a second, but she quickly replaced with a smile again.

"Only if you want to," Y/n said, "But if you really feel up to it then of course, I would love the extra help."

Kate nodded, the two of them ate and started to pack up Y/n's stuff, clothes and that kind of stuff into a suitcase, and then her other things into some of the random boxes they had from moving into the dorm.

When they were about halfway through, there was a knock at the door.

"I can go get it," Y/n said, getting up.

"Don't get kidnapped," Kate said.

"I'll try not to," Y/n smiled.

Y/n walked over to the door she was pretty sure it was Tom, because he texted her that he was going over to her dorm.

When she opened her door she instead found herself face to face with Hyrum McCoy, Kate's ex.

♡︎
♡︎︎
♡︎

did you invent the airplane?
because you seem wright for me

idk bro's i kinda wish i thought about that rule book thing earlier because i kinda like it i feel like i'm giving myself some tips

see ya later bee bro's
再见