Chapter 43. Unexpected Surprise

x Rosie x

I lay my head against the wall after hurling again. I use toilet paper and wipe my mouth. Why it takes so much energy to up chuck I have no idea. Would be nice if I would stop hurling. Gray's been anxious about it and biting his lip as he places a cool cloth on my forehead. I've been throwing up all night on and off.

I wasn't able to sleep and Gray's been up the entire night right beside me. With one hand on my back when I threw up or putting the towel on my forehead when I closed my eyes in between hurls. His eyes are sunken with his exhaustion.

"Gray go get some rest please. I'll be fine." I murmur before throwing up again. Ugh there's nothing even in my stomach and there hasn't been for hours. He doesn't move from my side as I get comfy again. Or as comfortable as I can anyways.

"Not until you stop throwing up Rosie." He tells me sternly yet soft. My heads pounding from lack of sleep and all this heaving.

"Please you need your strength. I know you have things you wanted to do today. I know you got most of the stuff already done. Please go rest." I plead with him.

"No. Your dehydrated, tired and sick. I'm not going to sleep. I'm going to get you to the doc ok. Something isn't right for you to be throwing up for this long for no reason." He says to me. I sigh. What's the point in arguing when I can barely keep my head up?

"Fine." I say as he helps me up. I can barely stand on my own two feet. I can't believe how shaky I am. But what do I expect with throwing up since I got back home yesterday. I grip his arm as tight as I can as I take a few steps. He shakes his head, not in disappointment but in knowing how weak I have become right now.

He places my arms around his neck and picks me up in his arms. He kisses the top of my head and carefully goes down the stairs. He opens the door somehow and closes it behind us. Most of the walk there I don't remember. I'm surprised with the movement of him carrying me there that I didn't feel like throwing up.

When we get to the doctors office the receptionist looked so confused as she shot to her feet. I didn't hear what they were saying, but she ushered us back into a room quickly. The doc came in not long after Gray put me on the bed in the room. The paper under me crinkled as he laid me on it. I know I've got a sheen of sweat on my forehead from throwing up.

"What's happened Alpha?" Zora asks right away as she puts on gloves. She does what she needs, to checking my eyes, taking my temp and checking blood pressure.

"I don't know. She was perfectly fine for most of the day yesterday. She went out with Elora to find a wedding dress and do the bouquet. When she came home, I just could feel that something was wrong. When I got to her she was over the toilet throwing up and she hasn't stopped since she got home early afternoon yesterday." He tells her scared. Its something I don't see on him often, if at all.

"I see. Luna how were you feeling yesterday morning and during the dress fitting?" She asks me with her eyebrows furrowed slightly. She gets a needle out to take some blood samples. "Luna I'm going to take some blood to get it tested. Though there's no reason to worry ok." She tells me reassuringly.

"I felt fairly well. I did feel a bit nauseous yesterday morning on the way to find a dress. But I thought it was normal because I had butterflies as well. I thought it was from being excited." I tell her softly. I know this will blow over.

"Its ok Luna you will be fine I promise." She tells me as she takes a few different vials of blood to get tested. I notice one is for pregnancy. I couldn't be pregnant, I would know if I was, wouldn't I?

She puts a cotton pad on the puncture site and tapes it down. Gray stands beside me and holds my hand.

"Doc what's wrong with her? What can I do to help her?" He asks worriedly.

"Alpha, you being calm is a start. You are already doing what you can for her, which is being here for her and helping her ok. She may have just eaten something to cause her to be sick. Though she does feel a bit feverish. With her feeling nauseous yesterday and not throwing up until she got back, I think she just came down with the flu ok. I will test these and make sure. But what you can do is give her these to help with the nausea and try to see if she can handle water or ginger ale." She tells us.

"Ok Doc. I will do what I can to make sure she gets enough fluids and rest." Alpha tells her a but defeated that he can't do anything else.

"That's all you can do at the moment ok. Just hang in there. If there's any news I will come and let you both know alright." She says giving him a look to take it easy.

"Ok." Gray says to her.

"Please just take it easy ok Luna." She tells me as she gives Gray something for my nausea.

I nod as Gray picks me up. I wrap my arms around his shoulders. As much as I'd like to walk on my own, I know I wouldn't be able to with how weak I feel. I smile to Zora as Gray takes me out of the office and back home. It doesn't take too long to get home. He brings me up to our room and lays me in bed. He gets some water and gives me one of the pills the Doc gave us. I take it, even though its hard to swallow the water with my throat raw.

I know its hard for him to feel helpless and unable to actually take my sickness away. He lays in bed next to me. I face him and run my fingers through his hair. I kiss his forehead as he smiles softly to me. His eyes flutter closed, but he fights them to be open. I snuggle in close to him. He's so nice and warm as he wraps his arm around my body. I'm just as tired but he's forced himself to stay awake for over 24 hours. He needs this rest.

He softly snores as I fall asleep in his arms. At first it was something that kept me awake at night, but now I've grown used to his snores.

There's a knock on our door. I stir slightly. Maybe I misheard something in my sleep. My eyes are groggy and I just feel so drained. I close my eyes and try to fall back asleep, when the knock on our door happens again. Gray sits up as his eyes open. He grunts slightly as he stretches.

He mumbles as he goes to our room door seeing who's interrupting my sleep. Even though he seemed to need sleep just as much if not more then I do. Luca's at the door.

"Alpha someone was knocking on the front door and no one was answering so I opened it. Its Zora so I let her in. I hope thats ok she said she has some news for you." Luca says afraid he did something wrong.

"Thank you, Luca. You did nothing wrong ok. We both were up all night because Rosie was sick. Thank you for letting her in." Gray tells him as he pats her head. Zora pops into the door frame with a slight smile on her face.

"Sorry to drop by like this." Zora says

"Thank you, Luca. Maybe go find Lexi and play for a bit ok?" Gray asks him. Luca nods and heads out. "Its alright Zora. I'm guessing you found something otherwise you wouldnt be here." Gray says as they both come into the room. I try to sit up but I get a bit dizzy.

Gray helps me sit up as he sits on the edge of the bed and leans me into him. I smile softly to her. I do feel better, just weak. Zora touches my forehead and smiles.

"Well your fever seems to have broken. Maybe if your up for it Luna, try to eat something simple ok." She suggests to me.

"I will try." I say to her a bit scratchy.

"Alright well I do have news. It is just a flu though it seems you've been able to sleep it off. However, there was one thing in your blood work that came back that I was surprised about. So, I ran it again with the same results." She tells us.

"Well I'm glad it isn't anything too serious. What did you find?" Gray asks weary of what it could be.

"Well Alpha its good news. Our Luna is pregnant." Zora says with a big smile on her face. Gray instantly perks up; his eyes widen and his smile grows.

"Pregnant? Are you sure?" I ask surprised.

"Yes Luna. You are pregnant." Zora says again as I smile up at Gray. I wasn't expecting to get pregnant so early.