Chapter 7. Innocence

x Luca x

Rosie is so amazing. When Ronda confronted her, she handled it with such strength and was very nice; even if she had someone in her face. I smile as I watched them talking. When they finished talking Ronda seemed to have scurried away with her tail between her legs. I give Rosie a hug.

"Go play Luca and have fun." She says to me.

"Alright." I say as I run to the other children. Its so much fun having other children my age to play with. Even if I'm one of the smaller ones for my age. When we first got here a few weeks ago they had welcomed me with open arms, which I was surprised about. In my old pack they didn't make me feel welcome like this.

Oh well though, I'm happy here. I feel so free as we run around playing. Tag and hide-and-seek are what we play the most. I stop running as I feel a warmth spread through my chest, around my heart. I touch my chest and look at the others. The children just smile and the adults share a knowing smile. I've never felt this kind of heat before.

"Its ok Luca. I bet you've never experienced this feeling before. Its when someone your connected with in the pack not only found their mate but accepted them to be their mate. You feel it strongly like this because you share a close bond with Rosie. They are mated now." Elora explains to me this feeling in my chest.

"Thank you, miss Elora. I am glad they found each other. I could tell they liked each other." I say with a huge smile on my face.

"I know Luca. Your welcome." She says. I am so glad they are happy together. I want her to be happy. I know she will always be there for me though too; she wouldn't leave me behind ever. She is special and has a great heart. I have notice though that no other child has shifted yet. I wonder why I did then.

I will ask about that another day. I just want to play now. We go back to playing hide-and-seek. Its fun to hide. Sometimes they can't even find me and give up. They're always surprised when they find where I hide. Lexi runs off inside where Alpha Gray and Rosie went. I wonder what she's up to.

We didn't start another game until she returns with a giant smile on her face. Rosie and Alpha Gray follow behind her. For the rest of the day we all played together. Alpha Gray is so sweet and funny. He kept calling out to try and get us to show ourselves and when we didn't, he came to find us.

When Rosie was it, she tickled me every time she found me. Only she was able to find me when I hid. But she also knows how I play the game. Such a great day, with the sun out and a nice breeze. When she was it most of the kids couldn't help but be drawn to her and just run out to hug her, getting caught easily.

She giggled and hugged each one back. When she found Alpha Gray, she blushed deeply and kissed his cheek. Some of the others make funny noises, but its sweet to see. He had gotten red too when she kissed him that way. He hugged her close and when everyone was found we played another game.

Before long the sun is setting with oranges and reds. Time to be getting inside for food and time alone. We said bye to everyone before going inside ourselves. I sit at the tables as they get everything ready.

They get ready and Rosie explains that she will always be here for me and so will Alpha Gray. I did tell them we all could feel their happiness together. I am happy she found her person. Its nice to see that she has someone she can be with that makes her so happy. It makes me happy to see her like this.

With all she's done to protect me, I'm glad she has someone who can help protect her. Even though she can do it on her own, she shouldn't have to. I love her and I know she will always love me too. I don't ever want to see her get hurt.