Chapter 27. War Zone

x Rosie x

We clear the trees and he's standing tall in the middle of the yard with a smile on his face. He's almost 6 feet tall, black hair and smug. His Luna is standing beside him with her eyes in slits, blonde hair in disarray.

I growl at them involuntarily. I just want to rip their throats out right now. They deserve nothing less then that. I can hear the chaos around us as the fighting began. Us versus them. Gray stands beside me giving me some of his strength as I seethe. They stand side by side as well with their canines and claws out themselves.

"Rosie I'd say its good to see you but what can I say its not a pleasure. Have you come to bow down like the good little submissive you are?" He taunts with his ugly, crooked smile. She laughs at his joke. I know Gray wants to punch him in the face for that, but I hold my hand up to him.

"You can think what you want, but I am not the submissive one, we are not here to surrender or bow down. You are not worthy to be bowed down to. No leader threatens others to gain whatever it is you want. A leader does what's best for their pack, their people. Not to outright kill for the fun. You are not a true Alpha." I tell him sternly.

"Your pathetic. You can't even shift into your wolf. What do you know about being a leader? You're only a Luna and Luna's only aid they do not lead." His pathetic Luna says.

"Luna's help lead beside there Alpha. They don't just lay down and roll over, but I guess being with the person you're with you wouldn't know what it truly means to lead properly." I tell her flat out. She snarls at me as her claws lengthen more and her skin crawls.

I can feel their fear and disdain for us. The feeling is mutual. She shifts into a grey wolf and Alpha Dax shifts himself into a black wolf. The fighting around us I can feel is getting closer and closer to try and aid. They both growl at us as they charge at us wanting to kill.

The feelings mutual.

Gray shifts before I do and charges them first. I swiftly follow. They were momentarily stunned as I shifted. They didn't think I could which is the faulty information that they got. But they didn't expect me to have this colouring either, which makes me that much more lethal. No one expected this myth to be true but boy let me tell you it is.

The fight to end it all is at hand. They both come for me, of course. I snarl at them both, as they both try to go for the neck. We've all trained for this. I dodged them both as Gray swipes at Dax causing a growl. I easily get her onto her back and scratch her multiple times before getting tackled. I keep rolling so they can't get a hold of me and bite back. Its Lena, Dax's mate.

I snap at her. She scratches me. I scratch her eye and she howls in pain. I bite her deeply, causing her to limp. I can't help the smirk as I land a deep gash in her side, causing her to tap out. I go to Gray as he got hit from the side by Dax. I can feel his grunt from the impact. There's less howls from either side. I can feel our side coming in. But the fight isn't over their side isn't done yet.

I can feel the injured, and those who need help. But I can't help them just yet. I charge Dax and tackle him off Gray as I snarl at him. He's caused to many problems and heartaches for everyone around him. He scratches me and I know I will feel that in the morning. I get thrown off to the side landing hard on my shoulder.

Dax comes charging at me and I get up and barely dodge his attack. I manage to get his side though. His girl managed to get up and try to aid him but with a tackle from Gray she won't be getting up anytime soon. Others have some into the yard now either fighting or watching. I cant focus on them or we will get hurt more then needed. There's a ton of flames around as his packs territory burns up around him.

Gray snarls at some who come to close and try to get us. Gray is also bigger than all of them combined. One of the upsides of being an Alpha of his standing. He easily takes them out. I'm running out of energy fast. I'm not used to being in wolf form as much and know I haven't been eating enough to maintain this. But if I don't push through and end him, he will continue to kill.

You got this baby. Gray mind-links me. I glance at him and he nods before taking out another of his guys. I nod back.

Dax growls at me, trying to intimidate me and make me submit to him. It won't work and will never work. He isn't someone that should have anyone under him. I growl back screaming in frustration and everyone else stops. Alpha Dax, a fake, imposter backs up slightly from me. He knows he won't win; he will never win. I walk towards him, snarling. Killing is never the answer. This is the one time I will condone it.

I swipe right and know that will dodge and just as he dodges, I sweep right at his neck and scratch his neck deeply. His eyes grow in shock as he falls over. I pounce and sink my teeth into his neck making sure he won't get up. I hate having to do this kill but its necessary. I step back with blood dripping down my mouth.

A crack of thunder booms in the sky. Loud. So loud in my ears. That's a downfall I guess, heightened senses some noises like that are amplified way too much. I shake it off as I blink a few times. My energy is gone. I am so tired.

At least he's done for. His Luna might end up dying as well if she doesn't choose to surrender. I look around and I see all the people that have been restrained have all been brought here in groups. Placed together in groups of woman, children or men. They are shocked that their Alpha was taken down like he was. I don't blame them if they are angry. But the shock in their eyes is something I didn't expect to see.

I can feel that our pack is fine. Give or take the injuries they may have maintained. But I don't think our allies were so lucky, they may have lost a few. Which I'm not surprised about but it could have been a lot worse. Thunder booms again as rain drizzles down on us all. The blood drips from Gray's wolf mouth as well. Bodies are scattered around the yard. He looks so fierce, my body shivers as I want to kiss him deeply.

But I'm too tired to move to him. I really need to eat more to keep up my energy. Gray will be getting on my case and I know he will not be happy that I'm so weak right now.

"Luna move!" I hear my beta yell to me in his human form, wearing shorts that he must have hide somewhere near by. I tilt my head at him a bit confused. He points the other way at something.

When I look over what I see isn't what I thought I'd be seeing.

Not in the slightest.

Fuck.