Chapter 11. Council

x Gray x

I will not have anyone threaten my family or pack. No matter who they think they are, they will not get away that easily with their fear tactics. It's bad enough they have done this to at least 2 families, I will not let it be more then that. I'm sure he's gotten away with even more then that, but it ends now. He's killed my loves family twice for no reason just because she is special and can easily detect when the truth is told or when one is lying.

That fucker has gotten away with this shit long enough. I will not let it go on. Not on my watch. My nails elongate and I can feel my skin crawling with wanting to shift. I growl loudly as I pace my office. He is a worthless piece of crap and couldn't face me himself, he had to get one of his pathetic lackies to even threaten my love. My love of all people. She's survived but she shouldn't have to anymore.

Killing isn't something I want to do but in cases like this, death is the only way to get cruel Alphas and packs out of the way. I hear her whimpering and crying in my mind. Fuck. I know she's terrified and seeing me angry isn't helping one bit. I know the rest of the pack can feel my anger as well. I close the link so they don't feel my anguish of the situation anymore.

I can feel everyone's anxiety about what's going on. I let my beta know to gather a meeting for a council asap. My pack and others need to get ready for whatever happens and need to be prepared to fight when its time. I knew I could trust him as my beta because he had already started getting those preparations started when we were on our way home.

I didn't expect threats to be coming so soon. But with psychopaths one never truly knows what or when they will get set off. A fuse has definitely been set loose now. My love and family are everything to me and no one will take them away from me.

I try to shove my anger away and head to my room, where I feel Rosie is. I place my forehead and a hand on the door as I hear her crying. Her cries pull at my heart in a way it should never be pulled at. My heart drops so low that it feels like my insides will easily digest my heart with pain. I knock on the door, even though its my own room I don't want to startle or upset her more then has already been done. I open the door slowly and close it behind myself.

"Rosie we will get through this together. I will do everything I can to help you take down this son of a bitch so that everyone can live in peace." I tell her firmly. I don't want her scared and cowering like this. Her pain, no matter how much she got over it, is still raw and fresh in her mind. The pain can lessen but when it gets brought up like this the wound opens harshly.

I stand by the door; afraid I will scare her as my wolf keeps trying to come out. Anger is hard to push down, but if I don't, I will hurt her and that's the last thing I want to do. She rubs her eyes as her sniffles subside slightly. She waves me over and I walk to her as fast as I could. I sit on her side of the bed and she cuddles up to me so fast. Her pain and fear roll off her in strong waves of grief.

I hold her close rocking her slightly to help her. As long as she feels safe and comfortable with me like this, I will do what I can to ease her horrors. She grips my shirt tightly in her hand and she shakes slightly.

"Gray." She says softly through my shirt as she had placed her face right into my chest.

"Yes, my love?" I ask her, running my hand through her hair.

"I'm sorry for bringing you into this unforeseen war that's started." She says as her heart breaks slightly as tears run off into my shirt.

"Shh my love, shh. You came here in hopes that I could help you in this unforeseen war from the beginning. I won't back down when you or anyone else is threatened by him and his kind. I am not leaving your side. I am not going to let anything happen to you or Luca. No one else will ever get hurt by him again. DO you understand me my sweet love?" I ask her stating the facts. I try to sound determined instead of seething with fury.