Chapter 5. Awareness

x Gray x

The last few weeks have been hectic.

As much as I want to spend my time like I did with Rosie and Luca that night more often, I can't. I've been craving more time to just be in her presence and talk again. It has been nice to get to know her better and learn who she is and she can learn about me in turn. Its been thrilling, every second in her presence is intoxicating. She smells of lilies and cinnamon. Its different but its unique like her.

I have her and Luca registered into our pack now. That was interesting explaining to the council but thankfully they understood. They have slowly integrated into my pack without complication, which I am thrilled about and have been able to mind link some of the pack that they see daily. Not everyone knows about them yet but soon enough everyone will be informed of the situation.

Plus, everyone will have to be informed of what Dax has done. A few have family in his pack. Even if no one goes in or out of his territory everyone will still need to know what has happened to Rosie and Luca.

Will need to bask in her scent to calm down. Though if I did that it could also make me erratic and mark her too soon. I don't want that. I can feel her ache for me as well, so I know I'm not the only one needing to be in the others presence. She brings me clearness which is something I have never had like this.

Even in wolf form which I always feel clear headed to the point of being able to focus better on some tasks. This is above and beyond those heightened senses to help me think. The pack meeting is soon and I can feel their anticipation and hesitation as to why they've been called. I hope I can get the information across without putting everyone in a state of fear or panic.

I might as well get this sorted out. I walk out of my office, down the stairs and go out in the back where everyone has gathered. I'm surprised everyone managed to fit in the yard. Rosie and Luca are standing off to the side. I know its an adjustment for everyone to have two new members and for them to get used to a big pack as well.

Our eyes meet and a smile blooms on her face. A smile creeps on my face in reply to hers. She has an arm protectively over his shoulder, as if doing that will protect him from what has already happened. She's gotten this far to protect him; nothing will stop her from protecting those she loves deeply.

There is a Luna in her and she will fiercely protect her pack as she does with Luca. I look out at the crowd that has gone silent now. I clear my throat. Everyone perks up and gives me their full attention.

"Ok I know you are all busy with various tasks or jobs but I wanted you to be informed of something that has happened." I state to them firmly so they know this isn't just some drill or something to brush off. "Our newest members as you may have heard fled here because of something at their old pack. That is true. However, what you dont know is that this has happened to Rosie's pack before that as well. Both packs have been killed without mercy by Dax and his pack for unknown reasons." I say to them.

I take a moment for what I said to sink in. Some murmur and glare at Rosie and Luca as if they are a plague. I know differently. I hold up a hand so they don't get more out of hand.

"That's enough. They did not ask for this to happen to them. His pack has wiped out both packs with no reason or harm to himself. It was done out of spite. It happened originally when she was a baby. We need to be prepared and keep our eyes open for any sign of something amiss. If you see or hear anything let me know right away. I know some of you have family in his pack and I'm sure they are doing fine. If you have any questions please come ask." I inform them.

There's only so much I can say without going into the gruesome detail of what had actually happened. That isn't something I'm going to say with the children around. Ronda walks up to Rosie and Luca. I can see her eyes go to slivers as she approaches and she tells Luca something. As most go about their own business and get back to there daily work, Luca goes and plays with the other children.

"What have you brought upon this pack?" She asks Rosie. I wait on the porch. I want to see what unfolds and see if she needs my assistance before jumping in right away.

"What's your name so I can address you properly miss." Rosie asks politely even though her guard is up. She is standing taller and is on alert even though she shouldn't have to be.

"Ronda. Answer my question girl?" Ronda says with distaste on her tongue. I can feel Ronda's anger with what I have just informed everyone of. There is no need for this reaction and she shouldn't be addressing Rosie in this fashion.

"I brought nothing to this pack but news of what has happened to me twice now Ronda. I did not ask nor warrant Alpha Dax to murder my pack when I was under a year old. Nor did I do anything to warrant him killing my nephews family and pack as well. If you have an issue it isn't with me but with the man who caused this." Rosie says with an aura of pain and confidence. I'm sure she was anticipating someone blaming her.

"You say you did nothing yet here you are with two family's bloodlines down to just one each. You claim you know nothing but you do child." Ronda fires back angered by something that isn't in Rosie's control at all.

"If I were you Ronda, I'd back up a step and direct your anger where it truly belongs. If you don't, I am sure Alpha Gray will have no problem helping you calm your anger. Like I said I had nothing to do with him murdering my own family nor Luca's. Stand down or you will be the only one getting hurt." Rosie says authoritatively. Ronda physically steps back a few steps and submits to Rosie as she talked.

I blink a few times surprised that Rosie was able to get her to submit to her without me being involved or actually being mated to me yet. She is something else. Special. Very special. My heart does a back flip as she handles her own and stands firm with Ronda. I know Ronda isn't always easy on new pack members, but for her to submit so fast like that is astonishing. Rosie is a force not to be reckoned with and that makes me fall harder for her.

"Forgive me Rosie. With knowing what's going on I despaired and thought you were an omen of bad luck. Please forgive me." Ronda asks as she bows slightly, unable to look Rosie in the eye.

"In times like this it can be hard. Do not despair, we will figure this out together. This pack is strong and together Alpha Dax will not be able to hurt anyone else." Rosie says with a nod of her head. Everyone who hadn't left watched them talk as well and seem to be in awe of Rosie.

I can feel the pull to her the way they pull to me. I smile watching over it all, happy that I didn't have to reside over a disagreement like normal.

"Thank you, Rosie." Ronda says as she stands up and walk away with flushed face. I can understand why she'd be a bit embarrassed. Luca runs up to her and gives her a big hug.

"You ok Rosie." He asks her softly as I lean against the railing of the porch.

"Yes, I'm fine Luca. You have nothing to worry about ok. You are protected and I will make sure nothing will happen ok." She says as she kneels down to his height and places a finger on his nose for a second before removing it. He smiles wide and she smiles right back.

"Ok." Luca says with a chuckle.

"Go play ok, you can always find me if you need me and mind link if its an emergency ok." Rosie tells him. He waves as he runs to play with the others again. She stands up and walks over to me. I couldn't be prouder of her. I mean she stood her ground in my pack even though she is the newest adult member in it. Not only that but someone submitted easily to her without her having status yet.

I can't believe how strong and good natured she is. She could easily have gotten angry back and yelled, yet she stayed calm. She gave facts of what happened.

"You are amazing Rosie. Just in case no one else says it you are truly amazing." I say to her with my own wide smile.

"I'm glad you think so. I know we are new still and I know there's generally always one person who tries to test the new kid in a sense. I'm accustomed to it." She tells me with a faint smile. Somethings on her mind and I know things have weight on her shoulders alone for a long time. I want to help her feel like she's not alone.

"Well I do. Your also sexy but thats just my opinion." I whisper to her. She gives a good chuckle to that. Her laugh is intoxication oh how it pulls at my heart.

"Thanks and yes." She says. I tilt my head to her a little confused. "Yes." She says again as she looks me in the eyes. My heart leaps into my throat. I smile so wide; I can't believe it.