Chapter 17. Announcement

x Gray x

"In light of everything that's happened, I thought a little good news is needed." I say to everyone as we get onto the deck of our home. "I know this is unconventional but Luna Rosie and I are officially going to get married." He informs everyone with a big smile.

Rosie smiles next to me hugging me close. Everyone erupts in cheers and congrats. They all are very excited in these trying times. This is something we need right now, even if we haven't set a date yet for it.

"Alright, alright. Settle down." I say with a chuckle. "I know its exciting. We need some hope in times that seem like the darkest. We will be making plans soon enough and we want all of you to attend." I inform everyone. This is something we all need. Happiness at the end of the pain.

Everyone talks excitedly wondering what will be planned. Everyone comes and shakes our hands in congratulations. Most walk away chattering about the wedding and what might happen. Its good to see everyone happy right now, instead of worried about the attack. I'm glad we could make this possible, even if its short lived. But it gives us something to look forward to and prepare for when everything is done.

Rosie is going to have so much fun finding a dress to wear for that day. We will decide everything else together and have it simple and fun. Nick and Elora walk up to us with Lexi behind them smiling innocently. She gives Luca a big hug.

"May I just say Luna your wolf is incredibly beautiful. We are lucky to have you as our Luna. Congrats on the engagement. It will be a lot of fun to plan it." Nick says to her as he politely kisses the back of her hand. He gives me a big hug.

"Thank you, Nick. Yeah so, I've heard its magnificent. It will be fun. I'm sure it will be a day to remember." Rosie replies sweetly.

"Congrats you two. I'm happy for you both." Elora says giving us both a hug. I hug her as well. I'm glad to know them and consider them friends.

"Elora would you, when the time comes, be my maid of honour?" Rosie ask her with a big smile.

"Of course, I would love to Luna." She replies with a big smile of her own giving her another hug. "Its going to be so much fun; I can help you plan if needed ok." She offers.

"Of course. Help will always be welcome." Rosie replies. They stand off to the side chatting about it. I mean it only just happened earlier. Though I know woman sometimes have some ideas from childhood about what they may like. I'm just happy to have the woman I love as my mate. Anything else is an added bonus.

Luca and Lexi play in the yard now that its empty. He shows her where some of the rocks are that we painted several days ago. I look at Nick and he smiles wide at me.

"What is it Nick?" I ask him as I raise an eyebrow.

"I am happy for you. Times like this any happy news will help most get through the other crap that's going on. I just hope we all survive this. Its something I never wanted to have to happen yeah know. Battle shouldn't be something we need to settle arguments." He says leaning against the railing.

"I know. I don't want it to go this way either but its sadly the only way to go. We will survive. We will get through this and the world will be better off without someone who enjoys seeing others dead ok. We got this. Will you be my best man?" I tell him and ask at the same time. We will all get through this even if it will be hard.

"I know Alpha. You are a good leader. Yes of course I will be your best man. You don't even need to ask." He says giving me another hug. By the way our baby shower is in a couple days. The first trimester has gone by now with no complications. He informs me.

"Congrats. I'm glad to hear its going well so far. We will be there. Even have a gift for the little one." I inform him with a pat on the back.

"You didn't need to get a gift for the little one man." He says with a grin.

"I know but I wanted too. Plus, Rosie picked it out. She loved what she picked and thought it was great for the gift." I tell him looking over at her.

"I'm sure it will be lovely. I am truly happy for you both." He tells me with a big smile.

I nod my head. We didn't need to say anything else. We have that out of the way at least and know the day of the baby shower. It will be a lot of fun for sure. Rosie I know will enjoy it a lot as well.

"Ok we might as well get going. Got to still get things ready for the shower in a couple days. It will be good but lots of planning to yeah know." He says with a smile.

"Yeah I can imagine. Have fun and we will see you then." I say to him as he goes over to the girls. He gives Rosie another hug and they get Lexi before going home. Rosie and Luca walk up to me.

"Its been a long day lets go relax you two." Rosie says with a soft smile.

"I agree." I say kissing her cheek. We go in and relax as best we can. We need to either wrap the gift or put it in a bag with some wrapping paper around it. If Rosie hasn't already done that. Just want all this to be done and not have to worry about when we might get attacked. Its not a good feeling but until its over we have to attempt to live life normally.