Chapter 28. Tactically Intercepted

x Rosie x

I see Gray in his human form with someone's claws in his shoulder. The claws are in deep. Gray's jaw is set in pain and anger as she takes her claws out of shoulder. Her death has been signed.

Even with my lack of energy, no one touches my mate, my Alpha in that way ever. I growl deeply as I end up with both paws on her chest as I claw her throat from her body. She may be mostly human now but her claws in wolf form did the damage she intended to inflict. I didn't want to have to kill the Luna too, but she hurt my mate. Its unforgivable.

I step back and rub my claws and paws in the dirty to attempt to clean them the best I can. I step away from her body and look at Gray. He saved me from her claws entering me in my already weakened state. He has his hand over his wound, as it slowly heals. I know he heals fast but if I was faster, I could have saved him from getting hurt.

I wobble over to him, whimpering slightly.

"I will survive Nick. Its a flesh wound mostly. It will take some time to heal, but I will heal in due time my friend." Gray assures our beta.

"Let me look at it at least." Nick says stubbornly. Gray moves his hand and Nick inspects the wound. 5 puncture marks around his clavicle and shoulder. "Doesn't look to bad. Ok well you are right it isn't too bad. Should put some antiseptic when we get home." Nick says with a slight head nod.

"Of course, wouldn't have it any other way." He murmurs to Nick before looking at all those that are restrained. "Ok for all of you who want to surrender and keep your lives please stay seated and stay calm ok. Those who rather stay loyal to a dead-beat Alpha that doesn't know what it means to be an Alpha please stand and get ready to fight. Against someone of your choosing." Gray says as the rain continues to fall around us watching the restrained. I just want to lay down and sleep. To heal and not feel so weak.

I know he can feel my weakness as he stiffens his back. He tries to lend me strength to keep me on my feet. But its really hard to stay standing.

The woman and children stayed still, sitting and quiet just like he advised if they want to surrender. I understand that they would. But at the same time, they'd need to prove themselves to not be loyal to the dead Alpha. The males on the other hand were having a harder time with staying quiet. The ones that were mated knew better and thought rationally. They stayed still and quiet knowing that its smart and can see the difference in leadership.

The unmated males however shifted and kept their loyalty to a faulty Alpha. A handful of males stood up to fight. For each male that stood up, one of our pack members stood up or an ally one. It was only about 6 people who stood up to fight. One at a time they were cut free to fight. The first one up didn't even say who they wanted to fight but just charged Gray. With his good hand he easily grabbed him by the throat and killed him.

The others eyes scrunched together and shifted uneasily. I wouldn't blame them. Gray is very intimidating and oozes the power and confidence of an Alpha. One of the other males went for someone else and was struck down very similarly to how Gray did it. 3 others tried and failed as their bodies lay there motionless.

The last one just stared at everyone angry at what's happened. Gray had stepped to the side to talk to the ones who surrendered. They didn't choose to be loyal to someone who was crazy. They had a choice of choosing what pack they want to go to and that the next day they can go to that Alpha and talk to see if they could join. Most wouldn't have given them an option. Gray is different. He's firm, but fair.

The last guy ran at an ally but faked it the last second to come after me. I can't protect myself at the moment. I whimper as he gets closer. I slash at him a bit to early. Damnit.

As my claws come down, I see an arm wrapped around the guys throat. With a twist of the head his neck snapped like a twig. I look up and its Gray. He grabs cloth from someone nearby and places it over my body as he eases me to the wet ground.

"Baby I know your in pain, but you need to try and change back to a human. I know it hurts but you need to try ok." He says soothingly to me, brushing his hand along my head like he would if its my hair that he's putting his fingers through.

He murmurs softly to me in my ear helping me relax and forget my pain for the moment. I gasp as my body slowly changes back to human. I grip his arm tightly as the last shift changes. It took longer to shift back to my human form. Not because anythings broken, but because of the pain and how tired I am.

If it wasn't for Gray and Nick, I'd have been injured a lot worse then I am currently. Gray wraps me up in the cloth so I'm covered. The rain feels nice against my warm skin. That can't be a good sign though, I must have a fever.

"Hesperos, Link find something that can be used as a sled or something. I can't carry her back." Gray says as he looks at the two men. They nod and quickly search for what was asked.

"Alpha, let me carry her back for you. It will be a lot faster then dragging her all the way there. She needs rest, she's very weak." Nick advises.

"It will be smooth. No one said anything about her being dragged. Se will be carried on a flat surface so it will be as smooth as possible Nick. I wouldn't put my mate in any more pain then what's already been done. Make sure anyone that's been injured gets home safely with there pack ok. Make sure everyone else gets home safely too ok." Gray says to Nick with a soft smile. Nick smiles with a bow of his head and gets to work.

"Gray, I should have known better and eaten more then I have been. I'm sorry for not doing what I should have to prevent me from being weak and getting so tired." I say to him with a weak smile.

"Hush dearie. You are not weak. No one thinks that of you so you shouldn't think it either. Your strong. You stood up against someone that fought dirty for far to long and fought a battle that most may have lost. You won because you have a fire in you that kept you going to show that you are a true Luna, a true leader. Your amazing my dear. Even with the training we did this was a battle that would have taken most people. You didn't give up." He murmurs to me. He kisses my forehead.

I guess he's true. Most may have surrendered to the inevitability that they would have lost because he did play dirty. But he's gone now. I let out my breath as I feel the tears swarm my eyes. He's finally gone.

"I love you so much. He's finally gone. He can't hurt anyone else." I say as the tears flow down my cheeks. He lets out a small happy sigh, feeling my relief as the tears flow. Everyone's lives are now free to be able to just live instead of in fear of what could have been.

I'd have laughed if it didnt hurt. Hesperos and Link brings back the top of a table that broke. At least with the rain the fires that were still going will get dowsed. They bring the table to use and Gray carefully puts me on it, trying not to use his left side as much with his injury. I lay my head on the surface as I look up at him. Everything fading and I don't like it.

"I love you Alpha Gray." I softly say to him.

"I love you dearie." He replies as my eyes close.