Chapter 20. Missing

x Rosie x

I want to thank you again Luna for the pie it was very sweet of you to help Luca make it. We truly appreciate it. Elora tells me again.

Your very welcome. Luca saw you crying the other day and really wanted to make you feel better. I tell her.

Nick comes in the front door as I am coming down the stairs. Something is very wrong, he's out of breath and disheveled.

"Luna, I think Lexi and Luca are missing." Nick says to me all in shambles.

"What do you mean they are missing?" I ask raising my voice. Gray comes in, hearing Nick talking, looking unhappy.

"They went to play after bringing the pie over and then when we call them in for a slice they were not there anymore. I don't know where they are, they don't come when we call." He says on the verge of breaking down. My heart clenches in fear for them. I can feel Gray's anxiety spike as well. Fuck.

"We need to send people out to search for them now. Anything could have happened but we cannot let the worst get to us. Is there any place they could have stumbled on anywhere that could have accidently caved in?" I ask trying to not let my racing mind or heart get the better of me.

"We already have people out looking Luna. There used to be a few underground wells around the property. They are over grown now so anyone could have fallen in. But I don't think they would have found them." He says franticly, which isn't helping me stay calm.

I just want to spiral as well and worry. Anything could have happened. They could have just walked off to play and couldn't hear their names. They could have fallen into one of those wells or kidnapped by the one pack who wants everyone killed. They could be held hostage.

I look to Gray, scared. He grips my hand reassuringly. I know Im shaking slightly and I am hoping they only feel into a well. Bad, yes but not as bad as the alternative.

"We need to be out there looking as well." I say to them trying to hold back the tears from coming up to my eyes.

"No. Rosie you need to stay here in case they come here." Gray says to me. He's freaking out on the inside even if he looks so calm and collected. He's in the mode that his pack needs him to be. I know he needs to show this to them, and I know I should too but its hard to show something when I'm scare for their lives.

"I will stay here. I can sense they are well, but I can't tell where they are or if they are in pain." I tell him trying to be brave.

"We will be back. I'm sure they just stumbled to far to hear the call. All will be well." He says kissing my forehead. I nod, not trusting my voice at the moment. They hurry out the door to try and find the children. No matter who it is, any time a child goes missing its scary. Anything could happen and they can trust to easy at times and get hurt easier as well.

Please just be safe, pleas oh please let them be safe. I grip the chair realizing I've been pacing and walked into the kitchen. What if they aren't found? Why didn't we go with him to drop it off?

Calm down. Your worrying everyone and making it worse for yourself. Gray mind-links me. My heart is gripped so hard and been dragged deep into the pit of my stomach. I know hes right but I can't help worrying.

Sorry. I say back to him. I bite my lip as I pace some more. Waiting is the worst thing for anyone. I just want to help. I pace back into the kitchen, picking at my lip as I look outside. The sky is gloomy and look like it could rain at any time. As I turn to walk away something catches the corner of my eye.

I look up and I see the two small children weary eyed as they approach the deck. Oh, thank god. I fling the door open as I embrace both children. My tears overflow as I hug them both. They cry into my shoulder.

Come back they are here. I tell Gray and Nick right away. They'll tell everyone else to bring it in. I feel Gray getting close fast. His scent floods my senses as he hugs us all. I can't stop the tears as they are safe and home again. I can feel Nick here. Lexi gets out and hugs her Dad. He's just as happy to have her back safely.

He picks her up and walks away. We take Luca inside. Sitting on the couch with Luca between us. I don't want to let go and just hug him. I want to ask him questions but I can't bring myself to ask right now. I know they can tell and I know Gray is curious as well. He kisses my forehead.

Luca hugs us tightly. He's just happy to be home as well. I know he's shaken by whatever happened to him and Lexi. They are young and I want to know what happened for them to disappear like that. But I don't want to push him away with asking questions when he isn't ready to talk. Double edged sword.

"Luca whenever your ready you can talk to us about what happened alright." I tell him softly so I don't scare him. Hopefully this way he knows we are here for him and that he can talk to us when he's ready.

"I know. It all had happened so fast ok. We didn't know what was going on." He says tiredly. We sit back form him a little to give him some space. I run my fingers through his hair slightly.

"I can imagine it was scary." Gray says to him with a soft smile on his features.

"It was. We were playing by a forested area by her house and out of no where someone grabbed us. They started to run off with us for a bit before putting us down to tie us together." He says showing his wrists where they were bound. "They were going to hit Lexi because she was telling him to let us go. I stepped in the way so they wouldn't hit her. She hit him in the pants and he doubled over. We got out of the binds and ran."

My heart lurches as I listen to what happened. Tears well in his eyes explaining what happened to them.

"Luca you did the right thing protecting her. You protected each other ok. What matters is that you are home again. We will get who did this to you ok. They will pay for what they've done." Gray assures Luca and me.

"Thank you, Alpha. I don't want anything to happen though to you or anyone else." Luca responds looking up to him.

"I know you don't little man. Sometimes sadly things get worse before they get better." Gray tells him, not enjoying his response. Luca nods his head. Luca lays his head on my lap and lets me play with his hair. Its been a stressful time for him. That is something no one should be put into.

We need to do something to end this. I mind-link Gray.

I know and we will, but we can talk more about that another time when Luca isn't here. Gray says back to me as he holds my hand. I nod my head in agreement. I can feel Luca's heart slow a bit as he goes to sleep. Hopefully it's a peaceful sleep.