Chapter 10. Misadventure

x Rosie x

I slowly wake up as the sun shines through the window. Its only been a couple days officially being Luna but its been a good few days. Been getting to know some more of the pack and everyone's been so supportive and excited to have me as their Luna. Their happy that I have also survived whats happened in my past to get me to where I am today. The strong Luna they see.

It makes my heart warm to know that they see me as strong, yet caring as well. I am enjoying getting to know them as well and making this connection with them stronger. It helps me know they are well and not afraid to come to me if they need help.

I wiggle into Gray's body more, enjoying his warm electric touch against my skin. I'm still getting used to waking up next to him. Have only been sharing the same room for a couple days now. I do enjoy waking up to the man that's my other half. He moves his arm down and places his hand on my stomach as he stretches behind me.

"Morning good looking." I softly say to him as I roll over and face him. He opens his eyes slowly, still partially asleep. His eyes are a deep moss green as he blinks a few times.

"Good morning indeed sexy." He replies in a sexy half-asleep voice. I run my hand through his hair.

"It seems someone got a good night sleep. You got a sexy morning voice dear." I say to him giggling as he runs his hands down my back to my back and gives a playful squeeze.

"As do you baby. Yes, I slept well with you next to me." He says in his deep voice. I smile to him, before kissing his forehead.

"Good I am glad your slept well. I did as well. I enjoyed sleeping next to you, I realized it does help me sleep as well." I inform him.

"Good. Now I just want to lay here with you in my arms and enjoy the moment before we go to the doctor ok. She's in town and is really good. She's been the packs doctor or many years." He says closing his eyes. I lay my head on his arm as I inhale in scent more. I shouldn't be feeling this nervous or having anxiety grip my insides this bad.

Gray hugs me close to him, kissing my forehead trying to ease my anxiety. His fingers caress my back in soothing circles. I'm glad he's my one. Even if its the mate pull, I am glad he is trying to help ease my anxiety with this. I want to shift and run free with him. Something sadly is in the way of me shifting and doing just that with him. I haven't even seen him in his wolf form and I really want to. I bet he has a gorgeous and lush fur coat.

I stretch and some of my joints pop. I giggle slightly. Gray kisses my chin before stretching again himself. He moans slightly with his stretch.

"Ok lets get ready to go see the doctor. After that we can go pick something out for the baby shower." I say to him when he finishes his stretch.

"Alright sounds good." He says siting up slowly and going to the bathroom. I sit up myself and go into the closet. I grab a tank top and shorts. Something simple to wear is always easiest. We do our normal routine and then get dressed. When ready we head out to the doctor's office. I am nervous but I'd rather know whats wrong then to worry about it. Worrying about it does no one any good.

I'm surprised how close town is from his home. I wonder how he keeps his pack from being seen by normal humans. Or if they know about werewolves and are understanding, then thats even better. He shows the way to a little building off the main road.

"This is our packs doctor. She's waiting for us." He informs me as he opens the door to a small waiting room with a light blue paint job and a few chairs to sit in. We walk up to the receptionist and say we have an appointment. She nods and brings us into a patient room right away.

Now we just have to wait for the doctor. It doesn't take long before there's a light knock on the door. The doctor walks in and she's beautiful. Tall, pink hair and hazel eyes. I smile lightly.

"Hello Alpha and Luna. How can I help you?" She asks sitting in her special wheelie chair.

"Hey Zora. Well my love here told me the other day she hasn't been able to shift. So, we want to make sure everything is alright." Gray informs her.

:Alright. When did you first notice it Luna?" She asks me, getting a few things out of the cupboard.

"Maybe 3 weeks ago or so. I didn't give it much thought because I thought it was from stress for running for my life." I tell her the best to my knowledge of when I noticed.

"Ok. Well I am going to take some blood samples and get them rushed to see if there's anything going on ok." She says getting the rubber band out.

"Ok." I say. She ties the band above my left arm, flicks a vein a few times and sticks the needle in. She puts the first vial into it to collect blood. She does the same with the other vials as well. As the last one gets filled, she takes the rubber band off of my arm. She gets tape and a cotton ball ready. She places the cotton ball on the puncture site and tapes it down.

"Alright. When the results come in I will let you now right away to get the result alright. Please don't worry I'm sure it could be anything." She says with a pure smile. I can feel her honesty and hard-working history. I can trust her with this.

"Thank you so much. We appreciate it." I say to her as I shake her hand.

"Anytime." She says putting the vials in a bag to be brought to the lab. Gray and I leave the office. He leads me down the street to where a few shops are. He points out all the ones with baby supplies in them. We head into the first one and theres a few people meandering about.

We look around, seeing what there is. Nothing is jumping out at me and I think Gray can see that. So, we go to the next store. Along the back wall are stuffed animals and I just gravitate right to that wall. So many different animals to choose from. Gray wraps his arms around my waist as I look at the variety.

I spot a cute little gray and white wolf with blue eyes. That's it. That's the on I want to get for the baby shower. I reach up and try to grab it. I sigh as I'm a bit to short to grab it. Gray grabs the one I'm trying to get as he saw where I was reaching for. He hands me the wolf and I beam up to him with a big smile, as if I'm a child at Christmas. This is the gift I want to get for them.

"I think thats adorable baby." Gray says looking down at me and the wolf. I can't help but smile bigger.

"I do too. I think they will like it." I say as we go to the register. I put it on the counter and the cashier scans it through and we pay for it. Just as I grab the bag from her someone slams their hand on the counter. What's their problem?

"You enjoying your new pack Rosalind?" The guy says with a menacing smile. I cringe away from it.

"I don't know who you are so I don't need to answer that." I say to him. He's truly and deeply bad to the core. No amount of reasoning will work. I know Gray senses this as well, even if it wasn't from my senses but because of how he slammed his hand on the counter.

"Well it won't last long. They will end up like every other pack." He says putting gruesome photos onto the counter. I can't help but look. Each photo has dead people in each with so much blood and flesh strewn everywhere.

"I don't know who you think you are but nothing is going to stop us from living our lives. You won't be able to touch our pack." Gray asserts not in the mood to deal with someone who enjoys this kind of gore and relishes it.

"Alpha Gray, I wouldn't be so cocky if I were you. Every pack that stood against Alpha Dax has lost. But I'm sure you know that with her by your side. She's somehow managed to live through two attacks by him. But there won't be a third and you all will end up just like those in the photos. We will enjoy cutting her up along side you and everyone else she cares for. Have fun." He says running off.

Gray shakes with fury as everyone he loves has just bee threatened. Not again. Not this again I can't. Not another pack. This pack is my family. I have found my love and I'm going to lose it again. No. Gray grabs my hand and we go home right away. Everythings a blur as we move. The tears in my eyes don't help with the blurry vision.

Not Again.