Chapter 32. Flabbergast

x Rosie x

I wake up to an empty bed. Hmm, this isn't right. What is going on? Maybe he had some work to do and didn't want to disturb me. I stretch out before getting up. I haven't even bothered looking for a job yet. I know he said I don't need to but I want to. Maybe I will start looking later.

I put on one of his shirts and a pair of my shorts. I leave our room and head towards his office. The door is open and he isn't in here. I wonder why he'd leave the door open. I shut it and head down to the kitchen. I smile as I see him cooking. He has a pair of shorts on and a towel over his shoulder. He's so handsome.

"Good morning my love. Did you sleep well?" He asks me as he walks up to me. He pulls me close to him and kisses me. It smells good in here.

"Morning sweetie. Yeah, I slept alright. Though I didn't like waking up to an empty bed. Did you sleep well?" I say to him.

"Yeah, I slept well thank you. Well today is a special day and I wanted to make a good morning breakfast for you." He says to me, giving me a quick eyebrow raise as he goes back to the stove.

"Oh, really and why is today a special day?" I ask curiously.

"I'm surprised, you of all people should know dear. Luca told me its your birthday today." He tells me a bit confused why I was being slow. I didn't mean to be slow it just happens at times.

"Well I haven't exactly been keeping track of the days so much with everything that has been happening. Thanks. I don't really celebrate my birthday though." I tell him with a soft smile. He perks up more and smiles wide.

"Well I want to ok. We are going to celebrate ok." He says to me as he turns everything off on the stove. He puts it on plates before placing everything onto the island where I sit. He brings out two plates and forks. He made me French toast, bacon, sausages and cinnamon rolls. He is such a sweetheart for making this all for me.

"You know you didn't have to make all this food for my birthday. I really don't need anything fancy or a big celebration ok. I don't mind doing a simple get together or have a day in ok. Its just like any other day." I say as I put food onto my plate. He chuckles as he gets himself food as well.

"It may be just any other day but its still your birthday and I want to do something special." He says giving me a nudge. I nudge him back.

"There's nothing I can do about it huh to change your mind?" I ask him with a grin.

"Nothing at all my love. It will be fine, so don't look sour about it ok." He says to me. I roll my eyes.

"I will try." I tell him. I can't make any promises. I should be feeling happier instead of down. I smile to him as I eat.

I can feel Luca in the yard. He's healthy but he's sad. I will talk to him after breakfast if Gray doesn't have any ideas that is. Its a very nice breakfast indeed.

"Don't worry about Luca. He's been in a bit of a funk today but I'm sure it will pass ok. Still processing everything thats happened ok. Try not to worry please." Gray says putting more food onto his plate.

"I know. I don't blame him though he hasn't been able to let it out and sink in that everything is fine now." I say, knowing I haven't been able to do the same thing. Gray pulls me close and hugs me.

"Neither of you have. But it will happen when it happens and I just want us to celebrate your birthday today ok. So lets relax." He says going back to eating.

I nod my head as I finish up what I'm eating. I put it into the dishwasher. Gray finishes as well and cleans up. He takes my hand and leads me into the back. Nick and Elora are in the back with Lexi and Rose. Lexi is playing with Luca and he's smiling so much. Rose and Elora look good.

"Happy birthday Luna." They say together.

"Thanks, you two. But its no big deal ok." I tell them with a hug. I stick a finger out and Rose grabs it in her tiny little hand. So cute and such a soft hand.

I smile to the baby and coo at her as she smiles back at me and tries to catch my fingers.

"We know. She likes you Luna." Elora says with a big smile herself. Gray and Nick walk off to the side chattering to each other.

"She does seem to be taken by me. She looks a lot like you Elora." I say placing a finger on the baby's nose.

"Thanks. We've felt a touch of your sadness though. I don't know if anyone else has but I think with us growing closer and being good friends, I pick up on it. Are you ok?" She asks me. She bounces slightly and Rose coos enjoying the slight movement.

"Just thinking about what I've missed out on and how its been 27 years since my parents died. They died the day before I turned 1. Its just hitting me now more then usual." I tell her trying not to let it get to me the way it wants.

"Luna I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you upset." Elora says very sorry.

"Its not you. You didn't do anything wrong Elora. Just one of those days. Please excuse me." I say as I head inside.

"What happened?" Gray asks her confused why I'm hurrying inside like I am.

"I only mentioned about feeling her being a bit upset and she told me about her parents dying the day before she turned 1." Elora explains.

I shut the door behind me and I go up to my room with tears running down my cheeks.