Broken Family

Jay just sighed when he reached the salon where little Dizzy was sweeping with her headphones on blasting music to entertain her while she was forced to clean for her grandmother. The young girl looked so carefree and happy dancing around while she swept. Jay really didn't want to ruin the young girl's happiness, but he knew that she deserved to know what happened and it would be wrong to not tell her right away.

   Dizzy had become like another member of their gang and he knew that ever since Evie had Mallory she began to see Dizzy as more than just a little sister. Dizzy was like another child to her and Dizzy had grown such a tight bond with baby Mallory. In fact Evie, Carlos, Dizzy, Mallory, and Jay had all become a little family of their own.

   Evie being the mom, Carlos the dad, Dizzy the big sister, Mallory the baby, and Jay the protective and cool uncle. Jay didn't want to tell Dizzy that he got her baby sister kidnapped. He just took a deep breath before entering the salon. As soon as Dizzy saw him she took her headphones off and just looked at him.

   "Jay what are you doing here? Isn't it your night to watch Mallory? Wait why are you looking at me like that? Did something happen? Something happened I can tell. Jay what happened just tell me please," the young girl rambled out in panic as she wanted to know why Jay looked so depressed and why he wasn't taking his shift.

    Jay just sighed as he looked at Dizzy. "Dizzy I'm so sorry. Maleficent she um she has Mallory. I'm so so so sorry Dizzy. I..." Jay was cut off by the now sobbing young girl who refused to hear anything else.

    "What?! Maleficent has my baby sister! No this can't be happening," Dizzy sobbed out as she took off running towards the hideout to go find Evie. She was feeling horrible right now and just wanted her surrogate mother to hold her and make it better. Mallory was her baby sister and she loved the little baby so much. She just wanted to hold her in the safe hideout with Evie sitting next to her and Carlos and Jay just relaxing and playing around after a long day of working and stealing.

     Jay immediately panicked when he watched the young twelve year old girl take off all by herself in the most dangerous time to be out. "Dizzy, wait, come back. It's dangerous out here. Dizzy!" Jay screamed out as he began to run in the same direction that Dizzy had taken off.

      Dizzy managed to get to the hideout quickly and way faster than Jay could catch up. Dizzy just ran straight over to Evie who was sleeping with tears still falling. "Evieeeee!" Dizzy cried out as she shook her awake. It only took a few seconds before Evie woke up. As soon as she saw the sobbing young twelve year old she just grabbed her and held on so tight no wanting to let go.

       She had already lost one child; she refused to lose another. Dizzy just held onto Evie while she sobbed. They didn't say anything while they just held onto each other and cried. A few minutes later Dizzy ended up falling asleep curled up on Evie who was still crying and just stroking Dizzy's hair.

       A few minutes later Jay came in and Evie immediately put a finger to her mouth as she motioned to the sleeping young girl in her lap and Carlos who was sleeping on the couch next to her.Jay just gave her a silent nod to let her know that he understood. He then walked over to her and put his arm around her in comfort. "Evie it's going to be okay. We're going to get through this. Trust me Evie we won't let them win. We are going to find her and we are going to bring her back to us. We just have to keep fighting. All of us are going to get through this together," Jay told the broken young mother as he wanted to make her and himself feel better.

     Evie just looked at Jay as she shook her head no. "No Jay it's over. I give up. My mom wins. I'm done fighting. She took everything from me. She kicked me out of my own house. I live in this hideout by myself and I'm only sixteen years old. I'm a teenager and I should be living with my mom, but instead I live in this hideout with no adult. And then it wasn't enough for her to kick me out, but she just had to take my baby from me. She stole my baby girl and I'm never going to see her again. Let's be real here Jay this place is huge we're never going to find her and even if we did Maleficent has her. The worst villain has my baby. I'm never going to get Mallory from her," Evie cried out to Jay in her broken tone.

     She had tried to fight her mom, Cruella, and Maleficent, but she lost. Her disobeying her mom just got her kicked out and her baby kidnapped. She was done fighting. Her mom had won. She was going to become the stupid, ditzy, boy obsessed, princess that her mom wanted her to be. She had nothing else left. Clearly the universe didn't care for her or her happiness.

     Jay just sighed as he looked at his broken little sister who just wanted to give up. He didn't know what to do. Evie never just gave up like this. She was always ready to fight. Evie didn't believe in giving up. "Evie don't be like that. You can't just give up. Don't let your mom win," Jay told his little sister as he tried to convince her to not give in to her mom.

     Jay knew that Evie didn't want a prince. She didn't want to be ditzy and stupid. Evie was super smart and she loved to show it off. He didn't understand why Evie would be willing to do what her mom wanted when she clearly didn't want to do it. Evie was going to be torturing herself.

     Evie just let out a dry laugh as she looked at her big brother. "Jay come on wake up. She's gone and my mom wins. We have nothing left to fight for. I'm done fighting her. Tomorrow I'm going to leave this hideout and surrender to my mother. I'm going to become the stupid ditzy princess that she wants and I'm going to swallow my pride and get a prince even though I don't even want one. Fighting my mother just brought more heartbreak. Look around at everything. Carlos is broken just like me and so is Dizzy. And I know that you are too, but you are just in denial. You're still holding onto this hope that we can get Mallory back, but there is no hope. She's gone Jay. They took my baby," Evie told Jay as she sobbed while looking at her broken friend sleeping next to her and the broken young girl sleeping on her.

      Jay began to cry as he took in her words and he began to let reality set in. Evie was right. He was trying to ignore the pain of losing his niece by filling his head with other things and convincing himself that they could still find her when it was nearly impossible. Jay's crying turned into messy sobbing while he watched his three broken family members sleep as Evie had fallen back to sleep from exhaustion. He realized then that he was most likely never going to see his adorable little niece again and the next thing he knew he was a sobbing mess on the floor.

      He felt like such a failure. He caused his family pain. He just wiped away his tears and composed himself. He needed to be strong, and he didn't have time to grieve over his stolen niece. He needed to get stronger. It's his job to protect the others and he would rather die than let another member get taken.