Acting Is Hard To Do

Author's Note: I am so sorry for the long wait it's been pretty hard recently to keep up with everything and this week has also been really hard as I live in Texas and my power has been cutting in and out for almost a week now which has made it really hard to write and update. I think it's starting to clear up for me now, so I should be posting more again but I'm still not sure yet. And if anyone else is experiencing what I am I hope it gets better and you continue to stay safe. Anyway sorry for the long note now onto the story. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you thought.

Evie woke up the next morning and she was surprised that she wasn't alone as she realized Mal was sleeping cuddled up next to her on the bed. Evie smiled as she looked down at her daughter who looked so adorable while sleeping.

Evie just wished that Mal could be sleeping as herself, but unfortunately she still had no clue how to do that and it was hurting her more and more now. Evie was trying her best to keep up her act and to keep up with this lie, but it was killing her more and more each day.

Evie just wanted her baby back; it wasn't fair. She had been cursed to live a horrible life since day one when she was unfortunately created by villains instead of heroes. Evie never asked for any of this.

Nothing good ever happened to her. The only good thing that ever happened was her accidental mistake that turned into the best mistake of her life. But that was taken from her too because she was a villain kid and that is all she would ever be.

Villain kids don't deserve happiness and that was the same for Evie. Evie's thoughts were interrupted though when she felt Mal start to stir as she stretched and opened her eyes and just stared at Evie as she didn't know how to react.

Mal didn't know what to do now. Now that she knew the truth about herself and her family it was becoming hard for her to not just break down and tell them that she knew everything. That she knew Evie and Carlos were her parents and that Maleficent wasn't really her mom.

Mal wanted to tell them so badly, but she knew she couldn't let them find out. That was easier said than done though as she was really just losing all motivation at this point as she was giving up on fighting against her urges.

It didn't matter anymore as she already knew the truth. "Mal you okay," Evie called out after letting Mal just stare at her for a few minutes as she was starting to get worried. This wasn't like Mal to just completely freeze up like that.

Even as a baby Mal never just froze up like that. "Oh um yeah I'm fine," Mal managed to get out nervously after she realized she was making her mommy worry and she didn't like making her mommy worry.

Evie just nodded as she didn't believe Mal for a second, but she didn't want to risk starting anything by questioning her. "Okay good well the boys will be here any minute and then we can start planning again," Evie told her daughter thinking that's what Mal wanted to hear as she had no clue that Mal knew the truth now.

And she still believed that the plan was Mal's only priority when that was far from the truth. Mal just put on a fake smile as she looked at Evie. "Great!" Mal told Evie in her best excited voice as she didn't care about getting the stupid wand and she just wanted to be herself again.

She was also terrified that seeing both her dad and uncle would make it even harder for her to keep pretending as it was hard for her to pretend right now and this was just her mommy this wasn't even her whole family and she was already struggling to keep the act up.

"You don't sound very excited, are you feeling okay today Mal? You're worrying me," Evie told the baby in the teenage glamour as she could tell that something was off with her daughter and it was worrying her.

Mal quickly pushed Evie's hand away as she put on her fake tough girl act that she hated right now, but she needed to use it to keep the suspicions off of herself as Evie was way too observant for this.

"Ugh stop! I'm fine! I just didn't sleep that well last night! I'm fine though! And those boys better get here soon," Mal quickly told Evie in her act that wasn't nearly as tough as it normally was, but it seemed to work as Evie just nodded accepting her answer.

"Okay good and yeah they'll be here soon," Evie told Mal who just nodded as she threw herself back down on her own bed as she started flipping through Maleficent's spell book trying to find a way to turn herself back, but she didn't want anyone to know that's what she was doing.

Mal groaned in frustration though when she realized that she couldn't understand anything in the stupid book and she had been so focused on that as she didn't even realize that Jay and Carlos were now in the room too and were looking at her in concern as they had seen furiously flipping through that spell book.

Mal refused to see it as her spell book though as it technically wasn't hers. It was the fake hers and that didn't count in her mind. "Oh someone's in a mood," Carlos told the others as he knew they had to go along with their acts despite him just wanting to comfort his little pup who was clearly not having a good day.

Carlos had no clue what was going on but the look Evie was giving him made him feel that it probably wasn't good as it was obvious from Evie's looks that Mal had been acting off all day and she honestly had no clue why.

Jay seemed to catch on as well as he quickly decided to change the subject as he could tell his niece was upset as well and he didn't like seeing her like that. "We can do this!" Jay quickly told the others, making them nod as they knew Jay's words had a deeper meaning to them.

"And we won't go back until we do," Mal quickly told the others as she could tell that they weren't really talking about the wand at this point even though she knew they all thought she was.

"Oh yeah I just remembered something! Fairy godmother apparently blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go," Evie told the others as she was hoping to bring Mal out of her grumpiness as she still thought that Mal was upset over not getting the wand and not that she just wanted to be herself again like they all wanted too.

Before Mal could lose it as she was starting to get frustrated by all the stupid wand talk they heard a knock at the door as Mal quickly got up and answered it wanting the annoying sound to stop before she started having a tantrum.

Mal was left in complete shock though when she opened the door and immediately saw that creepy prince guy that kept trying to talk to her all the time. Mal didn't get why he kept trying to talk to her, but it was honestly starting to scare her.

Before Mal could say anything though Evie and Carlos both got closer to her as Evie quickly put a protective arm around Mal and sent Ben a look that said don't even think about it before putting her ditzy act back on making Ben feel nervous as he knew he shouldn't have come but it was too late now.