Greiving Parents

After about an hour or two of the two teens sobbing uncontrollably after losing their baby girl Jay just sighed as he looked at Evie. The young mother was so broken and suffering. She had just lost her baby.  It was his fault and they still hadn't even told Carlos or Dizzy that Maleficent had taken Mallory.

   Jay didn't want to have to tell his best friend that he had messed up and fallen asleep and now his baby was in the hands of the most evil villain to exist. Carlos would never forgive him and he wouldn't blame him. He honestly didn't even know why Evie forgave him. He still can't even forgive himself. He was the oldest and the protector. He was supposed to protect them all, but he failed and now his "sister" was broken and suffering. And his best friend will be too.

   And not mention little Dizzy. She was just so innocent and pure for the life that she had. And she was so attached to the little baby. She would be so devastated and Jay didn't want to hurt the innocent girl more than life had already done. Mallory was basically Dizzy's baby sister even though Dizzy claims she is like her aunt their relationship was more of a sister relationship and not like an aunt and niece relationship.

  He hurt his friends. Jay just sighed again as he got up from Evie's embrace. "Evie we have to tell Carlos and Dizzy now. They deserve to know and it wouldn't be right to wait until tomorrow when they come over," Jay told Evie sadly as he got up. He just held in his sobs as he looked at his little sister who was sobbing and hadn't even said a word in over an hour.

  "How about I go get them and we can tell them together as a group, so that we can all be together during this harsh time," Jay told Evie hoping to get a little bit of a reaction out of her, but she just continued to sob and stare at the floor not making any reaction to what he said.

   Jay just sighed as he hugged her and then composed himself a bit as he got up and headed towards the exit of the hideout to break the news to Carlos and Dizzy. When Jay finally made it to Carlos' house he just did his secret knock, so that Carlos would know that it was either him or Evie and not some other villain trying to get in during the night.

   After a few minutes Carlos came out looking confused when he saw Jay. Jay was supposed to be in the hideout with Evie and his baby. "Jay what are you doing here? It's late and you're supposed to be in the hideout with Evie and Mallory," Carlos told Jay as he was confused and worried about why Jay would come to his house in the middle of the night. Everyone knew that the Isle was the most dangerous at night, so why would Jay risk it. And it was Jay's night to watch his baby.

   Jay just took a deep breath before looking at Carlos with a sad look. "Um Carlos we need to talk, but we need to get Dizzy first. And it would be best if we talked about this in our hideout," Jay told Carlos nervously as he didn't like having to tell Carlos about his baby being kidnapped.

   Carlos began to panic when he saw the look on Jay's face. It was obvious that something bad had happened to either Evie or Mallory or both. He needed to know what was wrong and he couldn't wait till they got to the hideout or Dizzy's.

   Carlos just looked at Jay with fear and concern. "Jay what happened? Are Mallory and Evie okay?" Carlos asked Jay in concern about his baby and the mother of his baby who he loved, but would never admit. Jay just sighed as he looked at Carlos.

   "Carlos I told you. We need to get Dizzy first and then we need to get to the hideout before I tell you what happened. I want to do this with everyone together in the hideout," Jay told Carlos as he began to drag him towards Dizzy's. He didn't want to have to explain what happened twice. He only wanted to relive that experience once.

   Carlos just grew even more worried and angry as Jay wasn't telling him anything and he couldn't wait to find out if his family was alright. Carlos just released his grip from Jay and stopped moving. "Jay stop. I don't want to wait to find out what is wrong with my family. Mallory is my baby and Evie is the mother of my baby. They are my family and I deserve to know if something is wrong with them. Now tell me what happened right now!" Carlos screamed out to Jay as he was panicking and worried about his family and Jay wasn't helping him. All he wanted was to know if his family was okay, but Jay was refusing to tell him and it was angering him. 

   Jay just took a deep breath as he looked at the concerned and angry younger boy. He knew Carlos was right. He just sat down on the floor and motioned for Carlos to do the same. "Okay fine, but you might want to sit down first. This is going to be bad," Jay told Carlos as he gave in to Carlos.

   Carlos just filled with even more panic as he immediately sat down wanting Jay to just rip the band aid off and tell him what happened. He didn't want Jay to keep dragging this out to spare his feelings. He needed to know now. As soon as Jay saw that Carlos had done what he said he sighed as he began to explain what happened to Carlos.

   "Carlos I'm so sorry dude, but I um I sort of fell asleep when I was supposed to be watching Mallory. And then Maleficent and the Evil Queen snuck in and they took her in front of us. Carlos Maleficent has Mallory. I'm so so so sorry. I'm so sorry. Maleficent has your baby. It's all my fault Carlos. They took her and we're never going to see her again and it's all my fault," Jay told Carlos as he began to cry reliving the horrible experience.

    Carlos stood up and just froze as he took in all the information. He was in shock and he didn't think he heard Jay right. There was no way Maleficent had his baby. He refused to believe it. "No you're lying to me. Stop this isn't funny Jay. I know this is just some stupid prank, and Mallory is just fine sleeping in her box. She has to be. This can't be real. I refuse to believe this. Mallory is safe. She has to be. She has to be okay. I love her. I don't believe you. You're just lying to me. I know it," Carlos screamed out in denial and hysterics as he didn't want to accept it.

   Jay just grabbed on Carlos and made him look at him. "Carlos! Carlos! Carlos! Look at me! I'm not lying Carlos. Maleficent has your baby. I'm so sorry Carlos. I wish it was just some stupid prank, but it's not. Maleficent really does have your baby girl. I'm so sorry," Jay told Carlos as he cried.

   Carlos just looked at Jay in anger as he was angry at him. It was Jay's fault. "NO! YOU DON'T GET TO BE SORRY! WE TRUSTED YOU TO WATCH OUR BABY! YOU FAILED AND NOW MY BABY IS GONE! MALEFICENT IS GOING TO KILL HER! YOU JUST GOT MY BABY KILLED! I LOVE HER! AND NOW I'M NEVER GOING TO GET TO HOLD HER AGAIN!" Carlos screamed at Jay as he was upset and it was easier to blame Jay. He didn't want to accept his sadness and he was trying to mask it with anger.

   Jay just sighed as he had expected this. Carlos had every right to be angry with him. Afterall he was the reason Mallory was going to grow up as Maleficent's little minion who she was going to ruin and hurt for fun. After his screaming Carlos began to calm as his anger turned into depression and sadness. " Jay, I'm sorry for yelling at you. I don't know why I just said those things. I just want my baby back. I'll do anything. I just want her back. I need my little girl back. I love her and I'm never going to see her little adorable face again. She's gone. She's really gone," Carlos cried out as he collapsed onto the floor in a heap of sobs.

   Jay, who was crying too, just leaned down as he helped Carlos up. "Carlos hey come on let's get you to the hideout with Evie. You can stay there with Evie while I go talk to Dizzy myself. It's going to be okay Carlos. We're going to get through this together," Jat told Carlos in his relaxed and gentle voice as he helped Carlos up and to the hideout.

    When they reached the hideout Carlos just looked at Evie who was sobbing on the floor with her knees to her chest. He just ran over to her and as soon as Evie saw Carlos who was sobbing too she put her knees down as she opened her arms to embrace Carlos. Carlos just immediately embraced her back. The two of them just held each other while they continued to sob until they eventually both passed out from sobbing so much.

     Jay just wiped away some of his tears as he picked up the two sleeping teens one by one and placed them on the couch in the same position from earlier. He then covered them with an old blanket that they had. He just sighed and wiped away more tears that were falling down his face as he took one last look at the broken young parents who had just lost their baby. He then sadly left the hideout to go break the horrible news to little Dizzy.