Helping Mallory

Carlos managed to build a makeshift incubator and breathing machine very quickly. It took him less time than it normally did for him to build and create inventions as he had been in a rush and very motivated to finish, so that he could help his tiny newborn breathe and gain warmth.

  He looked over at Evie who was holding on protectively to their baby and falling asleep, but fighting it as she was too afraid to sleep. She was afraid that if she fell asleep her baby would die because she wasn't there to monitor her breathing and body temperature. He just sighed as he knew how important it was for Evie to get sleep.

   She just gave birth to a baby. She should be sleeping and getting energy back instead of fighting sleep. Her body needed time to recover and she needed to relax and get some sleep. It wasn't good for her to be fighting sleep. It didn't help that Jay had to go back to his home otherwise his dad would get suspicious and they didn't need anymore villains finding out that the Evil Queen's daughter and Cruella's son had a baby.

  Their parents were pretty high up in the social ladder especially since they were close with the ruler Maleficent and many villains loved to take advantage of that. A baby from one of the top villains or a relative of one could be valuable and many people would want to get their hands on the poor baby. 

   Especially Jafar as he could use the baby to sell her at his shop. He didn't care about whether or not it was wrong to sell a baby all he cared about was gaining riches. Selling a baby that was the granddaughter of the Evil Queen and Cruella would gain him lots of riches.

    Oh and he was also afraid of his own mother finding out that he came back to help raise the baby. His mother had been furious when she accidently found out that Carlos had gotten Evie pregnant, but wanted nothing to do with the baby. She wanted him to keep it, so that she could use her as another mini little slave. And he was also afraid that she would be crazy enough to actually think that his baby was a puppy that she could torture since she was not right in the head.

   Carlos sighed as he came out of his worryful thoughts. He just walked over to Evie who was drifting into sleep as he picked up their tiny sick baby and placed her into the incubator. He also placed the breathing tube on the tiny baby and tried not to cry as he watched how much smaller and sick she looked in the incubator with the breathing tool on her.

   A few seconds after Carlos had taken the baby to place her in the incubator to help her Evie practically shot up in panic and fear when she realised she fell asleep and she didn't feel her tiny baby anymore. "Oh gosh I fell asleep. Where is Mallory? I messed up. I shouldn't have fallen asleep. I should have been monitoring her. She's sick and she can barely breathe on her own plus she can't seem to get her body temperature up. I fell asleep and now I bet she's dead. Oh my gosh. I'm the worst mother ever. I fell asleep and now my baby girl is gone," Evie screamed out as she began to hyperventilate and freak out.

   Carlos just ran over to Evie as she began to freak out. "Hey Evie look at me. It's okay. Breathe in and out. It's okay. Mallory is fine. She's not gone. She's just in the incubator that I made. It's alright you didn't mess up. You are not a terrible mom you were trying to stay up even when your body was exhausted just to make sure she was okay. And you're not alone Evie I'm here too. If something did happen while you fell asleep I would be there. I'm not going to let anything bad happen to our baby girl," Carlos told the panicked new young mother as he tried to soothe her and stop her panic attack from getting worse. He hated seeing her like this.

   Evie just calmed down as she turned her head towards the incubator and sighed a bit in relief as she saw that Carlos wasn't lying and her baby girl was actually in the incubator alive and safe. She couldn't just stay on the floor anymore. She pushed herself up from the floor and slowly made her way over to the incubator ignoring her pain and soreness from just giving birth less than a day ago.

   She needed to be close to her baby girl. She needed to be sure that her daughter was safe and okay. Her baby was just so tiny and weak she needed to make sure that her baby was going to make it.

   She started crying as she looked at her scared and tiny baby girl who was crying and attached to a breathing machine in the incubator. She was just so tiny and sickly looking with her extremely pale skin. She was still shaking a bit and her breathing still wasn't very stable even with the breathing machine. She was terrified that these machines wouldn't be enough to keep their baby alive.

    They needed doctors and nurses and real medical tools and attention. She was grateful that Carlos had managed to improvise and build the incubator and breathing machine, but that still wouldn't be enough to keep the baby alive and she knew that.

    She just stuck her arm through one of the holes that Carlos added to the incubator as she held onto her tiny baby girl's little hand to let her baby know that she was there. "Hey there Mallory. Mommy is here. It's okay baby girl. I'm here. I know you're scared baby girl. I am too, but we are going to get through this. You are such a fighter sweetie. I mean look at you. You fought your way out even before you were technically supposed to come out. You saw what you wanted and you fought for it even if it did technically lead to you being in this box like thing with a tube on you helping you breathe. I love you baby girl and I need you to brave. You need to keep fighting. You need to fight to keep yourself alive and I know it's going to be hard, but you can handle it sweetie. I believe in you baby girl," Evie told her baby as she was trying to talk to her and encourage her to fight.

  She didn't even know if her baby knew what she was saying, but she had a feeling that her baby could actually hear her and she was holding onto that feeling. It made her feel better to think that. She smiled a bit when her baby stopped crying and shaking and her breathing while still off was starting to get better. She also smiled when the baby fell asleep from her mom's protective and warm grip.

   Evie smiled as she looked at the baby. Carlos walked over to her as he placed his arm around Evie as they both just watched their new baby girl sleep. They knew that this was just the beginning and they had a long way to go before their baby would be safe and healthy, but at least she seemed to be improving and the possibility of her making it was higher now.

   Carlos smiled as he pointed to the sleeping baby. "Look at her Evie, she is our little fighter. And she is going to make it. I just know she is. She is definitely our baby girl. She is going to be as strong and beautiful as her mommy when she gets older I just know it," Carlos told his friend as he admired their new baby girl.

    Evie just smiled back at him as she liked how someone was actually complimenting her for once instead of trying to bring her down. All she ever heard from her mom was how she would never be pretty enough to get a prince and that a prince would never want a girl like her. It felt nice to have someone who thought she was actually pretty and strong.

  "Yeah she is and she is going to be as brave and smart as her daddy too. I can already tell," Evie told the boy as they both just smiled at each other enjoying each other's compliments and then turned their attention back to their tiny sleeping baby.