Flashback

Author's Note: This is a flashback chapter that was requested by one of my readers that I should do a flashback about the first time Evie felt her baby kick. Thank you so much for that request because I honestly didn't include much about the pregnancy. I also felt that I should do a more happy chapter since my last few chapters have been really sad and depressing. I hope you guys enjoy this special chapter. And my next chapters after this will continue off where I left off before this, but I will try to make them a little bit less depressing.

Evie sat on the couch in the hideout bored. She was about four or five months along in her pregnancy and she had been having a pretty rough time. She was trying to limit her movement in hopes that it would keep the baby healthy and stop anything bad from happening to it.

Evie began to panic for a second when she felt movement and a small pain from her stomach. At first she thought it was another cramp, but when she placed her hand on her stomach and felt the small movement again she realized that it was a kick. Evie smiled so big when she realized that she could finally feel her baby kick for the first time.

It was like a magical feeling to feel her baby's kicks. It was one thing to know that she was pregnant, but actually being able to feel that her baby was there made her happy and it made it all real. There really was a small baby inside of her. She couldn't wait until the next four or five months were over and she could finally meet her little baby. Girl or boy she didn't care what it was. She was just relieved that the baby seemed to be doing fine despite the harsh conditions she was having to go through being on the Isle.

Evie just placed her hand on her stomach and smiled again as she felt her baby kick again. "Hi there sweet baby. It's your mommy. I don't really know if you can actually hear me or not and I probably seem crazy right now, but I heard from some other mommys that talking to your unborn baby can be beneficial for them and help them grow and develop. I love you my little baby. And I'm so happy that you are finally kicking. You know you have a pretty strong kick for such a tiny little creature. I mean baby not creature. You are a baby. Wow that is still pretty crazy to say. I have a small baby inside of me and that's you. I just know that when you get bigger you are going to be such a strong person. I don't know if you're a girl or boy yet, but I do know that it doesn't matter. I will love you anyways. And it's always going to be you and me forever my little baby. Daddy may not want to be here, but that's okay we don't need him. We will be just fine without him. You and me oh and your Uncle Jay. Your Uncle Jay is going to help us too. And hopefully your daddy will change his mind and want to be there for us, but if not then it's okay. Me and your Uncle Jay will be here for you. We are going to protect you and keep you safe. I know this life is going to seem really hard, but we are going to get through it together," Evie told her stomach trying to talk to her unborn baby.

It was nice for her to talk to her unborn baby and even if she wasn't sure if it meant anything it was still bringing her a sense of safety and happiness with just the possibility that her baby could actually hear her and her crazy long speech. Evie smiled when she felt another kick. "You are such an active little baby. You never stop moving around huh. I guess someone is just really excited and can't wait to get out of here and see the world for the first time. You are just so impatient. I just hope you can wait it out the whole nine months. I mean I'm really excited and I hate waiting too because I'm really impatient as well and I just really want to meet you and hold you for the first time, but I really need you to stay inside for another 4 or 5 months. I want you to be healthy even though I'm so ready to have you out of me and inside of my warm embrace. If I can wait it out then you can too, but you know what even if you can't I will be there to make sure that you keep fighting. I know that it's hard since you probably aren't getting that much nutrients, but I can assure you that I am trying my best to keep you healthy," Evie told her unborn baby again as she was really starting to enjoy talking to her baby even if it was technically not even a full grown baby yet.

Evie just smiled as she sat on the couch feeling her unborn baby and talking to it. She was no longer bored and upset that she could barely do anything anymore because it was for such a good reason. She was protecting her little baby girl or boy and there wasn't a greater feeling in the world then what she was feeling now knowing that her baby was there with her in this journey called life.

After a few hours of Evie just sitting and enjoying her time bonding with her unborn baby Jay came in with a smile. He smiled more when he saw the happiness on Evie's face. "Hey Evie what's up?" Jay asked Evie wanting to know what was making her so happy and excited. Evie just smiled as she looked at Jay. "Jay you will never guess what amazing thing happened today! My baby kicked for the first time! I actually have a little baby inside of me and I'm so excited to meet him/her! Come on you need to feel her/his kicks. It's the most amazing feeling in the world," Evie told Jay excitedly as she loved sharing her excited news with her big brother.

Jay just smiled so big after that as he took in the information. His niece/nephew was kicking. He was so excited that was such a good sign that the little baby was doing okay and was still fighting. He just placed his hand on Evie's belly and laughed when he felt the kick. "Wow this is awesome. There really is a baby in there. My little niece/nephew is really inside of there. This is amazing I can't wait to meet the little baby," Jay told Evie excitedly as he wasn't expecting to feel this way, but the movement of the baby made it so much more real and exciting.

"Hey there baby. I'm your Uncle Jay and I can't wait to meet you," Jay told the unborn baby with a huge smile on his face. Evie and Jay both just smiled at each other as they were enjoying this joyous time. They weren't dealing with crazy parents or evil villains. They were just spending a relaxing time in the hideout bonding with and enjoying the feeling of the unborn baby just being there and being healthy and there wasn't a better feeling in the world.