chapter eighteen

"What?"

Are they talking about what I think they're talking about?

"Your plan on taking over. We're in." Even said.

Holy shit! They're actually joining me! I didn't think they would. I feel a lot better knowing I'm not going to hurt my brothers.

"It didn't take a lot to persuade you to join me." I said keeping my calm.

"Once Antonio said that you're going to torture Carter, we instantly agreed." Giovanni said.

"Even if you aren't going to torture him, we're still taking his most prized possession. That's good enough." Matteo said.

"Do Felix and Preston know?" Jace asked.

Is it bad that I don't want to tell them? I know that they don't like Carter, but they're loyal. Unless they're working for Antonio, I don't think they'll join.

"No." I said.

"Really? I thought they'd be the first people you'd tell."  Matteo said.

You thought wrong.

"They're still working for Carter." I stated.

"They're not working for anyone. Carter only thinks they're working for him." Jace announced.

"And even if they were working for him, why wouldn't you tell them?" Giovanni asked.

I looked at my brothers confused. What does Jace mean by 'they don't work for anyone'? They have to work for someone.

"Because they're loyal. They don't do the whole taking someone down they're working for stuff." I stated. "Who do they work for if they don't work for Carter?"

"Technically Antonio, but he made them leave the mafia. It was never proclaimed that they were working for Carter, but of course Carter assumed they were." Even said.

"They don't work for any mafia, they're just involved with a leader's daughter."

"How are they my body guards? Someone had to order them to be." I asked.

"No one ordered them to do anything. They were asked. Mom asked them if they could take you when you were born. They became your body guards by their own orders." Giovanni said.

"And technically they work for you since they're your body guards." Matteo stated.

"Do you know where they are?" I asked.

"Who knows? Probably at a party. They've been going to a lot of those lately." Even said.

I'm not even surprised.

"Okay go to bed. Carter said we have to get up early tomorrow." Jace said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know. Something about a party he needs to tell us about." Even said.

A party? I'm about to be the life of that party. Well, if we go.

.
.
.
.

"Ashlia! Wake your ass up!" Someone yelled as they were banging on my door.

I grabbed the light off my night stand and ripped the cord out of the wall. Sitting up I threw it at my door as it started to open.

"What the hell!" Felix yelled, poking his head through the crack.

"Why the fuck you waking me up like that! Don't you have enough experience from waking me up by screaming?" I yelled back.