chapter six

If Jace was trying to scare me, it wasn't working. The worst they can make me do is kill someone I love, but other people I don't care.

"Okay. Where is the fight going to be? The house is a little too small but I could make it happen if you want me to do it here."

"It's going to be in the basement. It's a lot bigger down there." Matteo said.

-

He wasn't lying when he said the basement is a lot bigger. It could be bigger than the whole fucking house. There's a whole gym and fighting studio down here. I'm in heaven.

"Cristian, the man you'll be fighting, will be here any second, since you're already in workout clothes all you have to do is warm up." My father said

He does know I don't need to warm up? I never warm up, like ever. It uses your energy so I don't do it.

"I'm warmed up already." I said walking towards the ring where the fight will be.

Before anyone could say anything a man interrupted us.

"This is the person I'm fighting?" He asked, laughing a little.

All the boys turned around grabbing their guns pointing it at him. Remind me to never sneak up on them.

"What the hell man! You want me to bust a cap in your ass!" My father yelled while putting his down, followed by my brothers.

"I thought you guys heard me close the door because nothing gets past you." He shrugged his shoulders.

To be honest I didn't even hear or see him and I'm facing him.

"Anyway, you'll be fighting my daughter Ashlia. She's not small so don't underestimate her. She's been training her whole life." My mother said informing him.

"You guys finally brought her back! I've been wanting to meet her." He said like I'm not even in the room.

While they're talking I'm observing Cristain. He's built everywhere, his arms are bigger than my head. He walks with a limp, it's barely noticeable but I saw it, so one of his knees is fucked. From what he's wearing I can't see if he has scarring from injuries he's had in the past. But he's in the mafia so he had to have gotten hurt somehow.

"I'm going to get changed, meet me in the ring." He said to me before walking into a room.

Without a thought I walked over to the ring excited for the fight. In my opinion the bigger the opponent, the better the is going to be.

"It's a pain in my ass that I can't see how you're feeling." Even said observing me.

Unlike you guys, I was actually trained on how to hide my emotions. They were trained in how to keep their emotions from interfering with the mafia, but not how to hide them.

Evens statement made everyone else start observing me. Did I mention that I hate being observed? Well I do.

"If I see one more person looking at me I'm going to burn the house down." I said fixing my clothes.

And just like that I couldn't feel anyone's eyes on me. Do I scare them?

"Alright let's get going." Cristain said getting into the ring.

HA, I knew he had scares. A lot more than what I thought he would have.

"When the bell rings the fight begins." My father said walking over to this stand with a bell on it.

Once the bell rang Cristain came for me. Even the best fighter makes mistakes. Before he could hit me I sent a fast, but strong, punch to his face. The sound of his nose cracking scarified me, but it pissed him off.