chapter thirteen

Here I am, back in the basement. I have a feeling I'll be down here a lot while we're here.

"What are we going to start on doing today? Hand on hand combat, shooting, how to get out of cuffs or anything that they're tied to, or knives?" I asked Antonio and Carter.

"The newbies can work on hand on hand combat, and the rest can work on shooting." Carter said.

I looked at Antonio and saw that his face disagreed with it.

"Antonio, is that okay with you?"

He shook his head. "How about we do all three. One group and work on shooting, another can work on knives, and the last one can work on combat."

Carter didn't look too happy with Antonio's suggestion and it really showed. I don't know why he didn't like the idea because it was good. I don't know if it's because he didn't actually like it, or because it's Carter's way or no way. But just because I'm a bitch and pissed at Carter, I'm going with Antonio's idea.

"Three groups it is."

I made my way in front of all the men making sure I looked emotionless as possible. I want to look like I shouldn't be fucked with. They all were too busy talking to each other to notice me. I just hope it doesn't take a lot to make them shut up.

"Shut up!" I screamed.

I only got a couple people's attention, and they got quite real fast. But the others didn't want to stop talking. I grabbed a gun off the table I'm standing by and shot at the ceiling. Everyone's about to see how much Felix and Preston made me do.

"You don't want to listen?! Everyone on the floor and do 50!" I screamed.

When no one got on the floor I pointed the gun at them. "Now!"

"No offense, but we don't take orders from you." A man at the front said.

I turned towards Antonio laughing. He nodded at me knowing what I was going to do. Turning back I shot him in both his legs.

"Floor now! Unless you all want to see me pissed and kill every single one of you!"

Just like that they all flew to the floor to do their push-ups . "I want to hear you all! One, two, three!"

Seeing all them fear me brings something out in me. I knew I was crazy, but the longer I'm here the crazier I'm getting.

I walked up to the man I shot seeing that he wasn't doing the push-ups.

"And why aren't you doing anything?" I asked leaning down in his face.

He looked at me like I was stupid. His bright blue eyes that are filled with anger and pain, looked into my eyes pleading for me to leave him alone.

"You fucking shot both my legs! It's hard for me to move them right now." He yelled.

By now everyone was done with the push-ups and was looking at us.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Manuel."

"Well Manuel, are you done yelling at me now?" He nodded.

"Get him out of here."

-

I watched as everyone busted their ass to train. The ones doing hand on hand are working the hardest, mostly because they're trying to act like they're better at fighting than me. The ones at the shooting range are having fun, I don't blame them, guns are fun to mess around with. And the ones with the knives are a working progress. None of the men learned how to fight with knives. I have to start from stage one with that.

I've been hard on them. I'm not being mean, I'm only training them like that because Felix and Preston were hard on me while training. They never shot me or anything, but the only way to get grown men that are in the mafia to listen to me is to threaten them. And if that doesn't work then following through with the threat will.

"How much longer are you going to torture them?" Antonio asked.

"How long have they been training?"

"Six hours." He replied.

That's nothing. Felix and Preston made me train for twelve hours, ten if they want to be nice.

"Listen!" I screamed, getting everyone's attention. "We're done training for today. Enjoy only doing six hours while you can, starting tomorrow you'll be in here for ten hours everyday. Unless you have to be somewhere you can skip, but the newbies won't go anywhere. Be here by seven in the morning tomorrow."

After that I motioned for them to leave. They all looked tired. One month with me and it'll take walking a mile while dragging a semi to get them tired.

"I'm still going to need some of my men alive, you know that right?" Carter asked.

"If you trained your men how you made Felix train me, they wouldn't be here right now."

My father gave me a hard glare before walking away from me.

The day when he regrets leaving me, and start fearing me, will be the same day that I steal his place as the most feared leader of the Italian mafia.