chapter nine

please tell me someone remembers this song! if not then y'all are uncultured.

———————————-

The best feeling in the world is coming home and there's food ready and is already set on the table. Especially when I've been gone for hours without eating. But that didn't happen to me when I walked in. There was no food!

"Why is there no food?" I asked as tears came into my eyes.

"Your mother went out to get something to eat, she'll be back soon." Papa said, as he walked past me.

"I wouldn't leave me hungry for a long time papa, it's never good." I yelled.

I walked into the kitchen to find something that'll satisfy me until mama comes back with food. I found Doritos, and it's a big bag. My fat ass is going to run to my room so no one sees them. If someone sees them, well I'm not sharing.

-

"Ashlia, wake up."

no.

"Your dad wants all of us downstairs now."

I opened my eyes and saw Felix leaning over me.

"Why?" I asked, sitting up.

"I don't know." The look in his eye told me it was serious.

I got up and followed him downstairs into the living room. Everyone was already in here. Were they waiting for me again?

"Everyone's here now, what do you need to talk about?" Mom asked as she looked at papa and Giovanni.

"There's going to be a war soon. We don't have enough men to fight so we're going to Mexico." Papa said, as he looked at mom.

This is why they kicked me out of the room?

"Why are we going to Mexico?" Mom asked.

"Antonio is helping us fight during the war. The Russian and Spanish mafia are coming for us. Josh was sent here to keep us hostage to keep us distracted until they got here." Papa said.

I looked around the room and saw how everyone reacted. Preston and Felix looked surprised, mom looked scared out of her mind, and all my brothers looked like they wanted to beat someone.

"When are we leaving?" Preston asked.

"Tomorrow. Our plane will be ready at five in the morning, the two other planes are for my men." Papa said. "Ashlia you're going to be on a plane with some of my men, you're going to start training them on how to fight better"

"She's training them on a plane?" Jace asked sarcastically.

I wanted to laugh but it's not the right time.

"Not physically, she's training them on how to stay on guard. How to tell if someone's behind them, their weaknesses. The physical training starts once we get to mexico." Papa explained.

"Have any of you met Antonio before?" I asked looking at my brothers.

"We've seen him a few times. He's come here for a couple weeks every time mom told him she was pregnant. Ever since you were born we haven't seen him." Matteo said.

"He's creepy as hell. He has this scar going from his left eyebrow all the way down to his mouth." Even said as he dragged his finger from his eyebrow to his mouth.

"Is that all that makes him creepy? It sounds more cool than creepy." I said.

"Oh stop he's not that bad." Mom said.

"Ashlia, we're going to have you fight underground in Mexico. We're showing all the mafias that want to start this war what they're dealing with." Papa said, looking into my eyes.

"I know you fuckin' lying. You hated me fighting back in California, why would you let me fight there." I said.

Ignoring what I said Papa kept on with what he was saying. "The underground there has the top fighters in the world. You're going to have to practice everyday all day when we get there. Since you haven't fought for a while I'm letting you take a few days to practice."

"Are you serious?" I asked standing up.

"You will have two days, then you're fighting."

Screaming I ran up to him jumping on him while hugging him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I screamed.

"To help you get see how they fight over there Antonio took a video of a fight with one of his men." Felix said,

"You're going to watch the video on our way to Mexico. You will memorize how they move, their techniques, anything and everything in that video. Once we get to Antonio's you're going to fight one of his best fighters in front of all my men and his. All of us are going to watch." Papa told me.

"Carter, you're putting too much on her." Mom said warning him.

"She's fine. She once went weeks fighting everyday. When Preston and I found out she was doing it she didn't seem tired at all." Felix said as Papa sent glares his way.

"Alright, we have to get up early so let's all go to bed." Mom said as she pulled Papa away.

"Get some sleep, You're going to be busy for the next few weeks." Felix said kissing my head then walked away.

"Wait what happened to the food mom was getting!"

don't come at me, i know this chapter is short but it's only short because i didn't know what to put. but i know what next chapter is going to be so be patient.

ALSO

i published a new book! i really hope u guys like it, if u don't then i'll take it down. but please read it!

LOVE U! vote and comment ❤️❤️❤️