chapter five

little warning the beginning to the song is loud.

-

Do you know how in every mafia book they live in a big ass mansion? Well in my situation that wasn't the case. As we pulled into the driveway there was just a regular looking house, big enough for my parents and brothers. They told me that there was an extra bedroom for me but I never got to use it. This house is going to take a while to get used to, back in California Felix, Preston and I lived in a mansion. All the bedrooms were used because they would have friends over so the rooms never went unused.

"Once you're settled in your room come down to the living room, we need to talk." My father told me as he walked into the house.

Well how the fuck am I supposed to know know whitch room is mine?

"I'll have a maid show you to your room so you don't get lost." Mother said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me inside.

How would I get lost if the house wasn't even that big? I would eventually find my room.

"Why do you have maids if the house isn't that big, you can just clean it yourself." I said as Mother called for the maid.

"We never have time to clean, we're always on missions or doing things that I'm not supposed to tell you yet." She said.

That hurts a little. If I wanted to tell people my family is the italian mafia, I would've already run my mouth. What the fuck do I have to do for them to trust me? Do I have to swear to that omertà thing? I'll do it.

"Miss, I'll take you to your room then I'll come down and get your bags." The maid said then started walking up the stairs.

I followed her up the stairs and down the hallway, my room was the last one in the hallway. When she opened the door I was assaulted with the color pink. Why is the room nothing but pink? The walls are pink, the bed is pink, the curtains are pink, even the fucking carpet is pink. I'm going to have to do something about all this pink.

"They made the room pink when you were about to be born. I know it's a lot of pink, but they were just excited about having a girl they went overboard with it." She said before walking away.

I'm going to spray black just so it's not so bright in here. I'm a girl who likes to party and do things I shouldn't and if I come home and see this room I'll throw up everywhere. I want to make my room trippy for when I do the puff puff pass shit. Aka I smoke weed. I don't smoke it that much because I barely have time to, I'm always training. I let myself go when I can.

Felix and Preston know because one night I came home high out of my mind. I would've played it off but I forgot to use eye drops so my eyes were red as fuck.

After the maid, who I really need to know the name of, dropped my stuff off I started to unpack. I didn't hang anything up, I'm too lazy to do that, so I just put everything in the dressers.

-

"Ashlia, did you forget something?" My father asked as he came into my room.

"No?" I looked at him confused.

"You were supposed to come down after you were done unpacking."

Holy shit I totally forgot! How long were they waiting for me down there?

"I totally forgot, I'm so sorry." I said as I got up.

"It's okay, come down now and we'll talk." He said before walking out.

I followed him down the hallway and into the living room.

"She wasn't ditching, she forgot." My father said as he sat down in a chair.

My mother and brothers were all sitting on the same couch, Felix and Preston were, well I don't know where they are, they're not in here.

"So, what's up?" I asked as I sat down across from all of them.

"We're going to ask a lot of questions about your loyalty, but end up making you swear to omertà anyway." Matteo said bluntly.

"Shut up Matteo!" Everyone yelled.

"Skip through all the questions, I'm loyal and if I haven't proved that already then let's get the omertà thing done and over with." I said giving them a stern look.

They're looking at me like I'm crazy. It's kind of unsettling.

"Do you even know what you have to do?" Even asked.

"No. But I'll do anything to prove my loyalty." I stated sounding as serious as I could.

I know I don't like them, but they are my family and I'm loyal to them.

"Everyone goes through this so don't think we're only doing this because we don't trust you." Jace said, pointing at me. "There's three stages to it. One, you have to prove that you're trustworthy, and you already did that. Two, you have to beat the best of the best fighters we have."

"But I already did. Isn't luca the best?" I asked.

"No luca is the best at saying he's the best fighter. He's the head of our team, not the head of fighting." My father said, shaking his head.

I nodded for Jace to keep going.

"And three you'll find out later."

"Why can't you tell me now?" I'm curious.

"If I tell you, you'd run for the hills."

i know i know, it's hella short. BUT the next chapter may or may not be long af.

edited: ✅