chapter twelve

Everyone sat in the living room waiting for Antonio to say the news. He's been stalling for a while and we're getting tired of it. I've never thought of him as the nervous type, but right now I'm rethinking everything.

"Alright since no one has the balls to say this I will. Stop fucking stalling and say it already!" I yelled.

Giovanni was the first to slap my arm. Then I slapped him back. Then we started doing the little kitty fight girls do with their hands.

"Stop!" Papa yelled.

If one more person yells at me I'll release all my anger I have on these bitches.

"En unos días tendremos visitantes." Antonio said in spanish. (In a few days we will have visitors)

"¿Qué quieres decir?" Mama asked. (What do you mean)

"I'm confused? Why y'all start busting out in spanish all of a sudden?" I asked looking around at everyone.

"Can we not speak in spanish? Do you not speak it?" Antonio said.

"Me dices, ¿lo hablo?" I smirked. (You tell me, do I speak it)

"Ashlia se calló. Seguir hablando Antonio." Papa snapped. (Ashlia shut up. Keep talking Antonio)

Anger. That's what I feel at this moment. Anger that I pushed down for Felix is making its way back up. Felix was the one that told me to forget about how my family left me for ten years. I pushed it down for him. I didn't want to forget about them abandoning me, but I did. They've yelled at me too many times for me to forget about it now.

I can see everyone's lips moving, but I can't hear them. All I can hear is a little voice whispering to me. Slowly my eyesight started to turn red. I need to let my anger out.

I stood up and left the room looking for the workout room in the basement. Once I found it, I instantly went for the punching bag.

I started to think about all the shit they've done to me. All the pain.

Punch.

All the tears I've cried because of them.

Punch.

The times I thought they didn't want me.

Punch.

All the times they tried to make me stop fighting.

Punch.

Them showing up in my life all of a sudden.

Punch. Punch.

Then yelling at me.

Punch. Punch. Punch. Punch.

The sound of something breaking snapped me out of my angry daze. I saw the punching bag was on the floor and was ripped down the middle.

I looked around and saw there was a treadmill. That could work. Sometimes running helps me, I just hope it helps me right now. I turned it on and saw it was one of those cool ones that you can play music on. I turned on the first song that came to my mind.

Making it go as fast as it can, I started to run. I really didn't want to start off slow then make my way up to fast. I'm known to start off fast, doesn't matter what I do. If I'm driving I hit the gas and go as fast as I can. If I'm fighting I'm fast. If I'm running I start fast.

-

After an hour of running I slowed the treadmill down until it stopped. I was out of breath like a bitch. I plopped myself to the floor with my arms behind my head trying to catch my breath.

"Are you okay?"

I grabbed the first thing I saw and threw it towards the voice. People need to learn not to scare the living shit out of me.

"Ow! What the hell!" I looked over and saw that it was Jace.

Oops.

"What do you want?" I asked.

I got up and walked towards the water fountain. My mouth is dry as fuck.

"I was seeing if you're okay." He said as he held his head in his hand. I'm guessing that's where I hit him.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"After Antonio said the news you practically ran out of the room. And not long after that we heard something break."

The fact they didn't notice I was fuming before that is funny. They miss a lot of shit.

"I didn't even hear the news. I thought of something that made me angry. When I get too mad my hearing likes to leave." I said.

How much you want to bet he didn't even notice me lying straight through my teeth.

"That makes sense. Everyone thought you got mad because no one told you mom has brothers."

I'm so fucking lost right now. Where did they come in the picture? Was that what they were talking about?

"Huh?"

"Right, you didn't hear the news. Well moms brothers called Antonio and said that they're coming here to see you."

"que porra." I said in Portuguese. (what the fuck)

Jace gave me a weird look. He doesn't speak portuguese. None of them do except Felix and Preston.

"I don't know what you said, and I don't care." He turned and went back upstairs.

I want to punch him so bad.

————
this chapter short af. don't hate me for it.

still love y'all

vote and comment

fyi i didn't edit this so if there's any mistakes i'm sorry