chapter seventeen

"Are you going to tell them about your plan?" Antonio asked, referring to my brothers.

We're in the basement with the men that's in on the plan. They haven't been here for that long, I just got done training the other group of men that aren't in on the plan.

"I'm planning on it. But how do I know they're only saying they hate him to see if I'm loyal to Carter?" I asked.

I told Antonio about the conversation I had with my brothers early this morning. I asked him if he wanted them in on the plan, but he only said it's up to me because it was my plan to begin with.

"Trust me, they're not. Every time I'd see them, they would tell me how much they hate Carter. One of your brothers would cry in my arms because of Carter. He doesn't do it anymore because he found something else to help him feel numb to the feeling." Antonio said.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"No one you should worry about."

I gave him a stern look before letting the whole thing go.

"So, I told Riccardo about your plan. He said he'd talk to the other two about it because all three of them hate Carter. So if they say yes then there's three more men."

I'm about to have so many people with me, I'm not going to remember all of their names. And it doesn't help that I'm not good at names. Can't remember anyone's name for the life of me, unless they did something to make it stick with me.

"Good. They can help me train some of the men here." I said.

It's not like I don't have everything under control already. It's just that It's hard for me to get to everyone and see how they're doing with the training. It would help a lot if they agree to be on my side.

"Okay I'm going to go talk to your brothers. You worry about training the men, and I'll do the job of getting more men to side with you." Antonio said before walking away.

Oh thank god. I really didn't want to do the recruiting.

-

"Ashlia, it's almost ten. They've trained long enough." Marco said.

"Oh shush, I was about to let them stop." I said.

Riccardo, Marco, and Pietro came down here a couple minutes after Antonio left. They're going to help me train everyone.

"Alright everyone can leave!"

Looking at everyone I can see they're starting to get in shape. Even though I've only been training them for a few days, they're starting to get bigger muscles. I train them hard, so I won't be surprised if they're arms are the size of Carter's head by the end of the month.

"Hey mom made food." Jace said as I walked out of the basement.

I wonder if Antonio said anything to them yet.

"Okay."

I walked into the dining room and saw everyone at the table, except for Felix and Preston. Antonio and Carter, are at each end of the table. Mama was to Carters right, Jace was to his left. Riccardo, Marco, and Pietro were on Mama's side. My brothers were on the other side. The other chair left was by Matteo. It's to Antonio's right. I sat down and instantly maids came out and gave us our food.

I thought Mama made the food?

"How's training going, Ashlia?" Mama asked.

"It's good. They're getting more buff every day." I said as she started eating.

"That's good. Are there any that need extra help?" She asked.

No.

"Yes actually. That's why I split the men in two groups. The first group that trains are the ones that barely need to, so they only train for five hours everyday. The second group are the ones that need a lot more practice on everything, so they train for ten hours each day."

I lied straight through my teeth.

"That's smart. How long do you think it'll be until they're done with training?" She asked.

She asks too many questions.

"The first group is going to be done way sooner than the second." I stated.

"They better be done before the war starts." Carter said.

I just want to pick up my knife and throw it in his eye.

"Don't worry about it, I'm training them. Not you." I said.

The rest of dinner was full of awkwardness. No one talked. The only noise you heard was the sound of our forks hitting the plates. I couldn't
handle it, so I shoved the rest of my food in my mouth then left.

I locked my door so no one would come in while I take a shower. Believe it or not, Felix and Preston walked into my room plenty of times as I was getting dressed after a shower back in California. They never allowed me to have a lock on my door until I was 14. They were tired of walking in on me getting dressed, so they told me to lock it every time I got in a shower. I wasn't allowed to use it unless I was getting a shower.

-

After getting dressed I got into bed and played on my phone. I only have games on my phone. I used to have social media, but after a while I got bows with it, so I deleted them. Once in a while I'll download them again to see what new stuff is going on. But I always end up deleting them after an hour.

I don't see the need of having social media if I don't have any friends to text them on. I was homeschooled so I never had friends. I really don't mind because I hate people. I'd rather be by myself than hang out with people that do nothing but talk shit about other people, then proceed to act fake with the people they were talking shit about.

The knocking on my door pulled me from my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, turning off my phone.

"We need to talk." Even said seriously.

Antonio talked with them.

"Okay." I said getting up and unlocking my door.

My brothers rushed into the room. They locked the door before walking over to me.

"We're in."

———-
it's not as long as i hopped it would be. but i need to go to bed because i'm getting up early tomorrow, and i also was writing for my other book.

i didn't reread this chapter so i'm sorry if here's any misspelling.

vote and comment!