chapter seven

"Do you think she's okay?"

"She looked like she was fine as we left yesterday."

"She can hide her emotions from everyone, she can be faking it."

"Should we wake her up? She's been sleeping since we got him last night and it was only eight, and it's almost twelve."

I heard them talk to each other as I pretended to be sleeping. I was sleeping fine until they came into my room and started talking. Little assholes. I'm perfect, why do they think I'm acting? I may have acted differently from when they first killed someone but damn, leave me alone.

"I just want everyone in this room to know that I'm awake. Stop talking about me in my room." I said opening my eyes and seeing the look on all their faces.

"You heard all that?" Jace asked.

I nodded.

"Guys I'm fine, stop checking on me. Especially while I'm sleeping."

"Breakfast is ready, hurry up and get ready because no one ate yet. We're waiting for you." My father said before walking out of my room.

I looked at my brothers and waited for them to do the same thing, but they had other plans.

"I know how it feels when you first kill someone, and that feeling is terrible. So you trying to hide the feeling is only going to make it worse." Matteo said then walked out, followed by the rest of them.

Well at least they closed the door.

-

I need a shower, I didn't get on last night. Once we got back I went straight to my bed and passed out. I was tired. Am I going to feel like that every time I kill someone? If I am I'm not doing it anymore.

I turned the hot water on then started to take my clothes off. I have dried blood all over me. It looks cool but disgusting at the same time.

As I stood under the water all the blood was pouring off of me. Visions of me shooting that man played in my head as I looked at the blood. He was a bad man, he needed to die. I don't feel any guilt for doing it, I made all the little girls out there one present more safe.

After washing the soap off my body I turned off the water before stepping out. I shivered as the cold air hit my skin. I should've showered in cold water so I wouldn't be this cold.

I walked in my closet and grabbed the most comfortable clothes I could find. I grabbed sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I don't wear shirts when I wear sweatshirts because it'll just make me hot, and I hate sweating.

As I was walking down the stairs I heard the voices of my family. They're talking about me passing omertà and how proud they are. They stopped once I walked in the dining room, all they did was look at me.

"Hi honey! Sit down and eat, I made bacon and eggs." My mother said, she must have forgotten something.

"Thank you, but I can't eat bacon." I said sitting down and eating just the eggs.

"Why can't you?" She asked looking hurt.

"I'm allergic." For my family they forgot a lot about me.

I looked at everyone at the table, except for Felix and Preston they're still not here, and the look they had as they remembered was funny. No one would talk, I would see my mother's mouth open but nothing would come out. That's sad.

I kept nodding my head as I finished the eggs then left the room. I need to get out of this house, I need to fight. I'm going to call Preston to see if there's an underground fighting club here.