29) Tell Me Why

"Let me in."

Taylor couldn't seem to escape the phrase that very day as things had really come crashing down for her. The morning started off gloomy with rain when she was up at half to six to head off to her only meeting of the day. She had refused herself any sort of food that morning, only filling up a bottle of water to bring with herself. When the meeting was finished, she came home to an empty house, only Karlie's pup Joe to greet her at the door. Karlie had a much busier day ahead of her and had left before Taylor got home, meaning the singer had the house to herself. A part of her wished that her girlfriend was home today because a part of her knew what she was doing wasn't smart, but the rest of her was a slight bit glad to not have Karlie there.

She was free to take control.

"Let me in."

From having woken up early, her body was already in a productive state by ten AM. She chose this as the best time to exercise all the extra weight off that she had supposedly gained recently. She had fans that were good at spotting that, but it was mainly the media in magazines and news articles online. They caught her every time and put her back in her place. She told herself that in order for the media to accept her one hundred percent, she needed to be an ideal weight. She told herself that because of the excess fat she was burning off right now, she could be thrown out on her ass from her label at any moment. They wouldn't support an unravelling superstar, no. She had to appear stable and in control. Her weight was the first thing to deal with that contributed to that part of her image.

2 Weeks Later

Things were growing chaotic. Just two days after Christmas, Taylor was back to working in the studio and planning a tour while Karlie was offered another modeling job out of town. It was no where like what it was on Christmas day. The last time the two of them had talked verbally to each other was last night before bed since Karlie had to leave early that morning. You would think they would be used to it, but after Christmas day, their bond grew so much stronger. Through all the shit they had endured, they wouldn't let the other one go now.

That was one thought on Karlie's mind as she undressed from a photoshoot. A part of her was afraid that they'd lose each other again, but maybe she just wasn't having a great day. She missed Taylor and wanted her right there beside her, but she knew she'd be better to wait until tonight when she could see her in person. If she called her on the phone, it would only make her miss her more.

Not long after, she was waiting for her driver when a text came through on her phone.

It was from Katy, which made her anxiety surface, but she opened it still.

Katy | 11:20am

Hey, Karlie. I know things have been complicated because I had asked Taylor to send this message over to you about a month or so ago, but I haven't heard anything from you two. Now please, I don't mean any harm or for a fight to happen. All I want is to ask you to join the family reunion happening next month. We all miss you so please consider it.

Karlie was mustering up a response in her mind, but the anger she had built up the years prior was overtaking her body. She shoved her phone back in her jacket pocket. She could feel her body growing tense as memories flashed in her mind. Katy wasn't part of her family yet she still acted like it. Damn, the model barely considered herself to be part of that family anymore.

The brisk air was starting to freeze her toes as she wiggled them in her shoes, moving around the slush on the sidewalk. A frown was taking residence on her lips as she failed miserably to make up her mind about what she'd do with the offer to come to a family reunion. A part of her couldn't figure out why she was even hesitating and stopping to decide if she would go or not, but another part of her thought she should at least contemplate it. Maybe she owed that to them, to actually decide instead of trying to run from her problems and issues in life.