22) Speak Now pt.2

Taylor's driver had taken them to the hospital and now they sat in the waiting room on a small leather couch. She avoided looking at Karlie's wrist. It made her feel really bad for her. Her hand was shaking and she could tell the model was in a lot of pain. She was biting her lip, trying to keep tears back while Taylor wished she could just take away her pain. She had saved her life, she didn't deserve to have to bare through this pain. But everything seemed to happen for a reason. If the past hour had never happened, then they would both be at home right now, fearing their next meet. The older girl would still believe they were a lost love and she was a huge mess that nobody wanted to deal with.

This had to be for a reason.

"Do you want to take off your coat? It will make you more comfortable." She asked Karlie who nodded her head in agreement. She began to take the one arm out and when she got to her cast, Taylor helped her from beside, carefully easing the coat. She took the warm fabric and folded it up, placing it back on the younger girl's lap.

They shared a glance at each other for a few seconds before it caught the eye of Karlie. A small pool of blood was showing through her cast. It didn't look like much on the surface, but both girls knew there was a lot more underneath. That cast was huge and it would take a lot of blood for even just a little bit to soak through. That's what scared the taller girl.

Her eyes widened and she felt her heart beat faster. This meant that she wouldn't only need a new cast, she would need new stitches and she hated that part. They were so painful.

At this point, she felt tears pool in her eyes. She wasn't scared like a child might be, she was just overwhelmed and in pain. That's what she told herself.

"Hey... come here," Taylor said when she saw a tear travel down her cheek. Karlie shuffled closer to her and leaned against her shoulder as the shorter girl wrapped her arm around her. "You're okay, everything will be okay. I promise." She told her, her hand carefully reaching over to her left hand. She intertwined their fingers, being cautious to not touch her wrist in between them.

Karlie tried everything she could to stop herself from crying. There were so many people around her who couldn't see her like this, they just couldn't. It was no use though, it was going to happen at some point. She was still trying to process the information about the proposal. She almost wanted to cry about that too. She wished they could have stayed the same and they could have gotten married. She would have said yes, no doubt.

A small sob left her lips which caused her to bury her face in Taylor's neck.

The older girl held her tight against her, feeling a new kind of ache in her heart. This ache was physically painful. She wanted it to go away but it just wouldn't. Maybe trying to make Karlie think that they couldn't ever happen again was a bad idea. She should just ditch that thought. They could still work, maybe not the same, but it could still be something special like the first time.

Forget it, Taylor. She's not going to want you back.

No, no of course not.

A tear drop fell on her shoulder which brought her out of her thoughts. The tear drop was followed by a squeeze of her hand which was holding Karlie's. She looked over at the other girl, the painful ache showing up again, when she saw the broken expression on her face. Clearly this wasn't all about her arm. There was something else bothering her.

Oh great, you've upset her, haven't you?

"Karlie, what's wrong?" She asked, keeping her voice soft as to not upset her more. The younger woman lifted her head, taking her hand out of Taylor's grip to wipe her tears. She felt ashamed for crying this much. She couldn't help it. Everything was floating to the surface now. The pain both emotional and physical, the proposal, her letter, the past three years...