11) Shake It Off (Part Two)

"Why are you so nice?" Karlie asked with a smile spread across her lips. They were currently at one of their favorite restaurants and they had just finished dinner which, Cara had of course, insisted on paying for. The other model just looked at Karlie with a look of confusion which she returned.

"Why? Just because I've insisted on paying for pretty much everything today?" She asked. Karlie shrugged her shoulders as she thought about it. That was part of the reason why she thought Cara had been being super nice to her, not saying that she wasn't nice before. The other part of the reason was all the stuff she was doing for her, trying to cheer her up.

"Partly, I guess." She paused then continued after a moment. "I had to run as fast as I could across the street earlier just so I could pay for my own coffee." Cara raised an eyebrow before saying,

"So that's where you got that coffee." The taller model nodded as the waitress came back with their bill. Karlie took the bill into her hands, mumbling a soft thank you then flashing the girl a small smile. After she had walked away, the green eyed girl looked down at the bill, ready to pay the exact amount of the paper.

"You know, I could've paid for that coffee." She heard her friend say while just giving a small shrug of the shoulders, putting the paper down for a second and reaching over for her purse. But, just as she thought, Cara had sneakily taken the bill from her and had already slapped two fifty dollar bills on the table.

"Yeah, and I could've paid for our meal." Karlie responded. The blue eyed girl shrugged her shoulders with a sly smile on her face as she played around with the two bills in her hands.

"Well, I guess you were too slow." She said, causing the other model to make a dramatic face of surprise.

"No, I was not." She gasped. "You just didn't give me enough time."

"I did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"We probably look like idiots right now." Sure enough, there were many eyes on them but they didn't care. The two girls stared at each other for no reason until Cara made a face that caused the other model to burst out laughing. Her blonde hair flew into her face but the shorter girl just sat back laughing quietly to herself as she witnessed what she had been so determined to succeed at. Her once heart broken friend was now laughing like crazy, having a good time, and not thinking about the past month and a half. It made Cara smile.

"You're so cute." She laughed under her breath, having it come out barely a whisper but Karlie heard her. She looked up and smiled a goofy smile.

"Oh am I?" She asked, then making another face that caused her to laugh harder. As she looked into those green eyes of her best friend, she couldn't see the sadness, and the pain that once made its home their. It was gone, now replaced with happiness.

"Yes, you are. Very cute!" She told her in a goofy voice. Karlie giggled, a small blush forming on her cheeks. They sat in silence for a good two minutes before Cara spoke up again. "What do you say, after we get this bill paid, we go get some donuts and I have hot chocolate back at my place? You could sleep over if you like?" She asked, knowing how much Karlie loved spending time at her place. It was a great plan for a cozy finish to a busy yet fun day.

"Ooh, yay! I'm in for sure!" Her best friend responded.

"Good. I knew you'd say yes." Cara grinned. It was going to be a good night, she could tell.

(One hour later)
Taylor had nothing to do today. Completely nothing. It was another day off and since she just released a new album, she didn't have to go to the studio to work on a song, nor did she have a tour to prepare for. She didn't feel like doing anything anyways so it really didn't matter. She sat on her couch, staring blankly at the TV in front of her which was currently not even on. She could do this for a long while, thinking about all the mistakes she had made in life, though she had trouble admitting she had made a certain mistake.