15) Gorgeous

1 Month Later

Taylor let out a long, frustrated sigh as she marked down another thing on her clipboard. She had just gotten the idea for a clothing line approved by her management about a week ago. Now, she was in the process of hiring a model. She had her say in which model would go through to show off the clothing line, but not as much say as the other two judges at the table who were professional models and fashion designers. At least she got to state her opinion on each one of the five.

. . . . . . .

2 Weeks Earlier

"You should get back into modeling, remember how much you loved it?" Cara told her best friend Karlie over the phone. The green eyed girl was a little unsure about the suggestion.

"Yes, but..." She started but paused.

"But what?"

Karlie squirmed uncomfortably in her seat, in the house that held the whole explanation of why she had stopped with modeling. She would had done the same thing if Taylor had died. To her, Taylor leaving was the day Karlie lost her completely. She wasn't going to come back, was she?

. . . . . . .

"Next in line!" That guy - she couldn't keep the names straight - that had done his many years of fashion designing and modeling called down the room. Taylor just wasn't with it today. She felt like rolling her eyes at every little stupid thing she encountered or even thought up. Today, everything seemed stupid and unimportant.

Was she depressed? Shit... maybe.

"Ms. Swift? Your opinion?" He asked, snapping her from her thoughts. She had to stay focused on the models, not how depressed she was becoming.

In front of her stood a dark skinned woman about twenty with a height the same as her's. She had beautiful, long flowing, black hair that fell past her shoulders and her figure was almost amazing.

Almost. There was something missing...

. . . . . . .

"... I don't want to do what I love without the woman I love." Karlie said, and in a way, she wished she could take that back. She had no idea why she had let that thought slip from her lips. God, was it ever painful.

"Well, that's a little cliche." Cara said carefully.

"I don't care how cliche it is, it's true." She sighed but at Cara's next sentence, she listened a little more carefully.

"How about modeling for the woman you say you love? Taylor's putting out a new clothing line now. Interested?" She asked. Almost immediately, she got an answer.

"No... but what's it going to be like?"

"It's going to help promote reputation so probably really sexy. I bet you'll get to model with her as well." Karlie could tell her friend had a huge smirk across her face. She actually kind of wanted to do it. Kind of.
"Sleep on it at least, okay?" Cara told her and she agreed.

. . . . . . .

"I'm sorry, I think something's missing but she's really pretty. She could make it in this business." Taylor commented on one of the very last girls to fight for a spot to be her model for her clothing line. She sat back down in her chair at the table, marking off a few more things on her clipboard. She was finding this boring and lengthy. Mostly because if nothing had gone wrong and Karlie hadn't cheated on her and she hadn't left... They would've already had the perfect model.

"Well, that was the last one." Said one of the professional fashion designers to Taylor. "You'll have to choose from that line up if you want a model for your clothing line."

She let out a long sigh. Suddenly, she didn't want to have to choose a model anymore, she didn't want to do this clothing line anymore, and she didn't even want to be here anymore. She only wanted one thing now.

Just one thing. But it wasn't so simple.

So she shook off her thoughts and went back to looking through the papers. She had to make the decision quick so that's what she did, uncertainty filling her voice when she spoke.

"Okay then, we'll go with-"

"Wait a second, apparently there's one more. She just might be the one." One of the two other judges said. Taylor forced a small smile but rolled her eyes when they looked away. She was super exhausted and had already gotten her pick from the list, though there would always be someone better in mind.

And she wouldn't expect that someone better to come walking into the room, but she did.

Taylor was shocked when Karlie came out from behind the curtains, looking even better than she could ever imagine. She hadn't see the model in so long that she had no idea how to react so she kept on a straight face. Karlie even appeared surprised at the sight of Taylor sitting in the middle chair at the judges table. Cara hadn't said anything about Taylor being in the room for the actual auditions. Maybe the singer had arranged it that way.

Karlie went through the routine she was told to and when she was done, she stood in the middle of the room, finally making eye contact with Taylor for the first time in a long while. Neither one of them had a certain expression on their face. If anything, they were very unreadable expressions. The people on either side of Taylor were watching them closely. They knew the story as did everyone else, and they weren't sure if a fight would break out any second or if the two girls would cover their emotions up and act as if nothing happened between them.

The latter had seemed to begin to play out in that room.

Taylor mumbled a quick 'hi' before breaking eye contact. Though out of the corner of her eye, she saw the cute wave Karlie would always give someone when meeting them and in some way, it made her heart skip a beat. She pulled out her pen, clicked the end, and then scribbled something down on a sticky note, placing it on top of her notes before looking back up.

She wasn't sure how to feel about it so she went with her gut but didn't ignore all her second thoughts. She stood up out of her seat and slammed the papers down on the table before leaving the room. She would deal with it tomorrow when the first modeling session would begin. For tonight, she had to get a good night's rest for what would come the next day. She wasn't even quite sure she wanted to have Karlie model with her now... but her choice was final. No going back.

Meanwhile, Karlie stood frozen in shock as she stared down at the papers on the desk. She kept telling herself over and over that the writing on the sticky note was Taylor's handwriting and she had also seen her write it. An arrow that was drawn on the yellow surface in pen pointed towards Karlie while the words under it read, 'I pick her'. So, was it true? It had to be.

Taylor actually wanted her to model for her clothing line.

She only hoped that this experience would change their lives for the better, and not for the worse.