12) ...Ready For It?

Snowflakes floated down outside the window of Taylor's bedroom as she laid in bed. The past few days had been boring for her. She had nothing to do so she stayed at home and mostly just slept. At least she was well rested for what today brought. Today, she actually had to get out of bed and go somewhere but she wasn't going to complain. Taylor could use some fresh air.

Surprised, Taylor threw the sheets off of herself and swung her legs over the side of the bed. The reason she was surprised was because she actually felt good today. She didn't feel sad, angry, or guilty... She felt fine. Maybe even a little... Joyful but she wouldn't want to push it too much. The blue eyed girl walked over to her closet and looked around for something to wear to the interview. It had to be something that looked fancy enough but not too dressy. She wasn't on a date... She didn't plan to be on one anytime soon. She just wanted to remain single for a while and see how that worked out for her. Something was telling her that she would be doing something wrong if she were to move on right away.

She would be labeled serial dater again. Oh how much she hated that label from the media. That's why she wrote blank space. It was all from the perspective of that girl they were making out of her.

Ding!

Taylor heard her phone go off with a text notification so after she quickly pulled something off the hooks in her closet, she went over to her night table where her phone was. She sighed, seeing the person the text was from and threw her clothes on her bed so she could answer. Taking her phone into her hands, she looked down at the text ID, really not wanting to see what the text read, but she opened it anyways.

Katy | 6:41am
Hey t.swizzle. I have something I need to tell you about your ex

Taylor | 6:42am
Which one?

Katy | 6:42am
You know who... Karlie

What would she know about Karlie that Taylor didn't already know? She knew that girl inside out. She knew how Karlie could never put down a book unless she was finished the chapter she was on. She knew how Karlie would always try to cheer up anyone who was the tiniest bit sad or under the weather. Taylor was the one who knew Karlie the best out of anyone.

Taylor | 6:43am
What is it then?

Katy | 6:44am
We're having a family reunion and I don't know if Karlie's parents invited her or not but I want to make things right again...

Taylor rolled her eyes at Katy's text. As if.

Taylor | 6:45am
Even though you're her adoptive sister I still don't believe you're going to make it up to her. For what you did, you can't make it up to her

She didn't want to deal with it anymore. She didn't want to have to think about Katy and Karlie anymore because today was suppose to be a good day for her. She wasn't going to allow herself go feel guilty, mad, angry, sad, or stressed. No, today she wanted to feel like she was on top of the world again like she was during her 1989 era... When she had Karlie...

"Stop. You will not think about her today." She told herself with a sigh. Finally, she pushed the two girls to the back of her thoughts and proceeded to get ready for her interview. She only had just under fifteen minutes to spare for getting dressed, eating something for breakfast, possibly putting on a little makeup, then heading out the door. She couldn't be late because that would look bad, also, what would be her excuse?

Oh, sorry that I was late today. I was too busy thinking over all my mistakes the past month or so and that takes a look of energy. So I guess I'm just tired.

To Taylor, that seemed like a valid reason because she'd just lived through that but anybody else who hadn't, they might not believe her. And plus, she knew it wouldn't had of killed her if she got up ten minutes earlier or whatever. It would've given her a bit more time to waste.