1) Last Kiss

Karlie had made a huge mistake, and she knew that. There was nothing she could really do to save what meant most to her. She couldn't explain it, she couldn't say she had no idea she did it because, even though she was drunk she knew what she was doing. That morning, just ten minutes ago, she woke up beside some man she had never met in her life... well, that was until the night before. She had just been missing Taylor so much and she knew she would be back the next day but she did it anyways.

Karlie had told Taylor she would meet her down by the lake near their house when she was dressed so the older girl obeyed and now she was walking out to the dock where she saw her girlfriend sitting. There was two ways she could have this go. She could simply tell the truth and apologize, that would be what Taylor would want her to do right? Or she could just play it like it never happened but being this famous and all that, she could easily find out which would just make it worse.

Meanwhile, Taylor already knew what happened, well she assumed. She had seen the guy leave through the back door and just the fact that her usually jumpy girlfriend didn't immediately greet her, she could tell something was up. A tear streaked down her face but she wiped it away when she heard soft footsteps on the gravel behind her. She dangled her feet over the edge of the dock, feeling betrayed by the love of her life. Why would she do such a thing? Would she do such a thing?

"Hey! You're back!" Karlie chirped, trying to sound like she was happy to see Taylor. She was but she knew the happiness wouldn't last for long after she told her about the huge mistake she made and fully regretted. Taylor turned around and forced a smile on her face before jumping up to give the girl a hug. She had to act like she didn't know because what if she was wrong? She didn't want to have to put their relationship in jeopardy if she didn't have to in the first place.

"Hey Karlie! How you've been?" She asked, taking her girlfriend into her embrace. She had to piratically force those words to come out in a tone that didn't sound too harsh.

"I just really missed you." Karlie said into Taylor's sweater, causing her words to come out muffled. It was the type of voice that was meant to be happy but could easily hear the sadness lurking within and it was breaking her heart. It left her wondering was she taking all this the wrong way?

After they pulled away from the hug, Karlie went over to the edge of the dock, a sigh escaping her lips as she sat down, waiting for the older girl to come over and sit beside her. She needed to think of a reasonable explanation, if there even was one, and try to explain what happened. Taylor would want her to be honest and they say honesty is always the best way to go, right? They hadn't seen one another for three whole months and this was how Karlie had to welcome her home, a greeting of "Hey, I kind of cheated on you." What was she suppose to tell her that wouldn't ruin their relationship? She was usually pretty understanding, that's what she loves about her. Taylor sat down on the old wooden boards of the dock, leaving barely an inch of space between them which slightly scared Karlie for some reason.

"So, I have something to tell you..." The green eyed girl started, her voice a little unsteady. Taylor didn't say anything, she just nodded allowing her to continue. "Okay, so before I tell you... I-I need you to know one thing and that is that I know w-what I was doing and I fully regret it." She took in a deep breath, looking out onto the water, watching the current sweep the autumn leaves all in the same dirrection, nearing the mini water fall barely a mile down the river.

"Karlie...?" Taylor tried to get her attention after she had watched her zone out and stare at the river for the past few minutes. The younger girl nodded quickly, acknowledging her request for her to continue. No matter what, she wouldn't make eye contact with Taylor. She just felt like, she didn't deserve such an amazing person in this moment. Whatever happened next, whatever thoughts ran through the girl's mind, Karlie knew it was her fault.