14) I Almost Do

It was a few days after Karlie had written up and sent out the letter, now Taylor was situated comfortably on her bed in her huge penthouse apartment. She had no idea about the letter yet, all she was doing was trying to plan out the new clothing line on her laptop. She didn't know what was going to come of this clothing line but it was more to save her reputation. If fans saw something new from her, they would surely forget all about when Taylor had spilled some pretty private details of her past relationship. But that wasn't true. She wondered if Karlie had spotted the interview yet. If she had, she wondered what her ex's reaction would have been. Shocked, angry, or even hurt? What was Taylor suppose to care. Karlie had brought this on herself, or so the blonde singer told herself. None of what had happened in the past week was supposed to happen but it did.

First, she completely lost it in that interview, revealing something she shouldn't have.

Second, she pissed off Tree, her publicist, with what she had been forbidden to say in the interview but said anyways.

Third, she now had to plan out a clothing line and convince Tree that it would be just the thing she would need to distract people of that interview.

And that was how she got to where she was. Sitting on her bed and praying she wouldn't get stuck in another yelling match with Tree over the phone sometime tomorrow.

But she needed a break from all that. She was exhausted from staying up all night last night. So by closing her laptop, a thought crossed her mind. She hadn't checked if she had any mail in the last two weeks. She probably had loads of fan mail, which she would read but of course she wouldn't be handed all that mail at the front desk in the lobby of her apartment. She would only be handed the important pieces of mail then all the rest would get delivered to her room.

She sighed and got up from her bed, grabbing her cardigan to put over her black tank top. Taylor headed out of her bedroom and down the hall towards the front room. She took her time, walking down the halls and even took the stairs which was rare for her. She finally got down to the lobby and went up to the desk, plastering an over dramatic smile on her face. Nobody needed to know how she really felt there.

"Hi, I'm just wondering if I have any important mail from this week." Said Taylor as she leaned against the desk. She didn't have to introduce herself, everybody in that building knew who she was just from looking at her once.
"I can guess it's probably all fan mail. If someone really wanted to get a hold of me they would send me a text or something like that considering people these days." She added on.

The only reason she was so chatty with everyone she was running into this week was because she felt a little bit lonely. She hated to admit it, but it almost felt like she was back to that girl about a year ago. That girl who had fallen deep into depression and felt all alone. She remembered how Karlie had been trying so hard to reach out to her and make her feel better. But nothing really worked. Taylor actually felt bad for putting Karlie through that.

Wait. Why did she feel bad? It's not like she really cared... well...

Flashback
Taylor was laying in bed after another stressful day filled with interviews and visits to the studio. She was exhausted and it almost seemed like she couldn't do anything right. She kept messing up lyrics on the song they wanted to record today. Also, she couldn't get half the questions in the interviews to her head. She would keep zoning out and she didn't mean to. She had concluded that she was a complete train wreck of and idiot. But there was one person who would say otherwise. Always.