10) Shake It Off (Part One)

Cara waited outside of Karlie's house in her car after texting Karlie to tell her she was here. She was sure the green eyed model was due for a day out, away from the regular boring day she usually lived. The girl needed some fun added back into her life and Cara was determined to do just that. She couldn't stand seeing Karlie so... lonely.

All she had seemed to do was sleep all day causing her to stay up through out the night, not being able to sleep so she would text Cara who would only be awake at such and odd hour some nights. The nights she wasn't, she was sure Karlie cried herself to sleep. She hated seeing her best friend so heartbroken. Her best friend who needed her every minute of every hour and every hour of every day because her ex girlfriend couldn't just accept the model's apology but then again, Cara understood where Taylor was coming from; the angle she was experiencing it at. Cara soon got snapped out of her thoughts by the car door opening and Karlie stepping inside.

"Hey, thanks so much again. I really do need the day out." She said as she sat down in the passengers seat then closed the door. Cara turned to her and smiled.

"I know you do and it's no problem. I would love to spend a day with my bestie." She told her honestly.

"Well, of course." She laughed at Karlie's adorableness. Then taking her purse from beside her and searching through it for a pack of gum. When she couldn't find the packet of gum after a few seconds, she turned to Karlie with furrowed eyebrows.

"For some reason I can't find my gum. Anyways, you want some when I find it?" Cara asked. "That is if I find it." She added in a mumble right after. Karlie nodded with a smile on her face but it was obviously fake. She couldn't smile for real anymore, it just hadn't been working for the last month or two. The last time she truly smiled was two days before Taylor was due back from her tour, two days away from when they broke up. She was on the phone with Taylor who kept on saying the most random of things that would make her laugh. If the green eyed girl really put some thought into it, she would figure out it was just like loosing someone who dies but worse, because you know the person's out there somewhere.

Flashback
Karlie sat on their bed, staring at the wall in a emotionless state. She missed Taylor, she just wanted her to come back. It had been a good two weeks since she had left for two different performances in those two weeks and Karlie had a photoshoot right in the middle. There was no way she would be able to come. Tears were slowly making their way down her face as she thought more of what her girlfriend was doing at this moment. Was she having fun at some party without her? Was she talking and laughing with her backup dancers? Without Karlie? That last one wasn't even a question. All these thoughts were without Karlie. She didn't want to admit it but maybe she was a little jealous of what Taylor got to do with her career while the model... well, she just modeled. She liked her job but sometimes she wondered what it would be like if she could sing.

For the first time that hour, she had moved her hand to reach for her phone. She wanted to talk to someone, and that someone was Taylor. But what was the use? She would only end up looking at the text she got earlier from Katy. Yes, Katy was now again threatening her and she didn't like it at all. She wasn't planning on telling her girlfriend either, thinking it would just make things worse. But would it? All of a sudden, her phone rang; the chorus of love story playing as her ringtone. She sighed and picked it up, looking at the caller ID. It was Taylor. She immediately answered, holding the phone to her ear while wiping under her eyes to stop the tears.