26) State of Grace

Taylor stayed on the line for the whole ten minutes it took her to reach Karlie. The model was thankful for that because even though this was a bad panic attack, she was still able to calm herself down a little with Taylor's breathing exercises. Although it was hard to focus on those. She still felt scared. She wasn't used to something like this, to all of this anxiety and panic, to all these thoughts and feelings colliding at once with no sympathy for her well being. In a way, she felt so panicked like she was going to die. She really didn't like this.

Despite calming her breathing down, she couldn't stop crying. Karlie felt so bad for what she just did to her best friend. She knew if she were in Cara's place she would hate herself right now. She had no doubt that Cara hated her. And that really hurt. She wondered if they would ever be friends again because when she left, the other model sounded so hurt and angry. She should've done something instead of walking out and running away from her problems like always.

Great job, Kloss!

"Karlie?" Taylor's voice spoke up from the phone again. Karlie had to pull herself out of her thoughts but she realized her voice sounded like it had even more of an echo to it. It was no longer her panic attack doing that to her, could it be? "Karlie? I'm here now, right beside you."

She turned her head to the side, her teary eyes meeting Taylor's. A smile tugged at her lips and if she wasn't still in her car, she would jump right into her arms. She was beyond glad that Taylor was here now. She felt better almost immediately with her by her side. Just like always.

"Come here." Taylor said softly as she opened the car door. Karlie stepped out and launched herself into the blonde's embrace. They held on to each other tight, not planning on letting go anytime soon.

Karlie was overjoyed to see her now and being held in her arms. It was overwhelming to her because not even a week ago would this be happening. Karlie wouldn't have called her if it was a week ago, she would be held in Taylor's arms so tightly as she listened to the sweet nothing's being whispered into her ear. None of that would be happening if it wasn't for the blonde almost getting hit by a car and the brunette breaking her wrist even more.

Just thinking about this made her cry harder. The green eyed girl gripped at the other girl's shirt, trying to calm herself down but she couldn't. So Taylor had to work her magic to get her to calm down without holding onto her.

"Karlie, relax. Everything's okay." She told her, unwrapping her arms and taking a step back.

Karlie stared at her, a confused expression showing on her face. She couldn't understand... or maybe she didn't want to understand.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked her after a minute. She had her hands resting on Karlie's upper arms, gently rubbing up and down to give her something to focus on other than her anxiety right now.

"Why are you here?" The model spoke up finally, her voice trembling. The question threw off Taylor big time. She wasn't sure how she was supposed to respond.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you come and get me? You didn't have to, you could have just left me here like you would've done over a week ago." Karlie explained. She broke eye contact with the other girl, focusing on the ground below her. When she felt the two hands on her arms being removed a moment later, she wanted to look up, but she didn't.

"Karlie, I'm not the same person I was a week ago and neither are you. Somehow that has brought us closer together. But if I'm being honest, no matter what state we're in, whether it's a state of grace or a state of hell, I would've came for you. I couldn't have left you here to deal with this on your own. Never, okay?" Taylor said, then taking Karlie into her arms again in a side hug as she walked them away from her car. A few seconds passed of silence before she added on, "Because you were always there for me in moments like this."