8) Teardrops On My Guitar (Part One)

It had been a week since the, as Taylor called it, 'never ever getting back together' incident. For some reason she had expected Karlie to say something along the lines of that but at the same time, it shocked her. The green eyed girl she use to know inside out was nothing like who she was now and Taylor found it strange. Strange how she could've changed so quickly over something so... well, small though both of them didn't see it as small.

The blue eyed girl was now sitting at her kitchen island, staring at the wall before her as she sipped her coffee every so often. Nowadays, she had nothing to do. There was no one to keep her company, to nag her ear off every ten minutes. She was... all alone. Taylor for sure didn't like the feeling but something inside her told her it was too early to move on. Maybe it was a little early, considering it had only been about a month and a half... or so she thought. If she thought about it, it had been at least one full period cycle so yep, a good month. 

The house was so quiet, she could hear her own breathing clearly. So clearly, it scared her. It shouldn't be that quiet. She needed to do something today, no matter what it was, she needed to get out of the house. As Taylor took another sip of her coffee, the thought of going to the studio popped into her head. She had just finished recording her whole album reputation but it wouldn't hurt to release another single a little while after she released the album, right? Anyways, she needed to write a song. She felt like she had too many emotions built up. She felt like she could burst out crying at any moment but it never happened. 

Never when she wanted to cry, she could. Not these days. It just wasn't possible. The tears seemed to have a mind of there own, they fell when they wanted to, out of nowhere. Taylor could be having the best moment of her life and then she would just burst out crying... well, that hasn't happened yet but she was pretty sure it could, and it would.

The singer got up from her seat, walking over to the sink and putting her cup in. She could easily do the dishes later so she made her way to the front room since she was already dressed and had everything she needed. She listened to the patter of her sock feet against the wood floor as she walked. Never in her life had she paid much attention to small, quiet sounds like this. She never really had the opportunity to listen since she was usually always caught up in a friendly debate with Karlie over something extremely stupid or pathetic. She loved those small arguments though. They always turned out halarious in the end and the two would burst out laughing. 

She sighed, grabbing her jacket and wiping away her thoughts as she stepped out into the cool autumn air. It actually seemed a lot cooler today then it had been for the past few weeks. It was the end of October so the shivering breeze was considered normal but the fact that it had been so warm for a while before kind of creeped her out. It had seemed to just suddenly change in temperature pretty fast and Taylor knew that could happen. It happened all the time, but something about this was different to her, she just couldn't tell why. 

........

"Oh my gosh, I am so tired." Taylor complained as she collided with Karlie right after she had walked in through the door. The green eyed girl had just gotten back from a photo shoot in California and she just wanted to cuddle with her girlfriend. She was tired too.

"Why are you so tired? I'm the one who should be tired." Karlie laughed while she ran her hands through the blonde's hair as she held her in her arms. They stayed in each other's embrace for the next few minutes, enjoying the comfortable silence between them. 

"I'm tired because I was up all night not being able to sleep." Taylor sighed as they pulled apart. She kept her arms around the other girl's neck while Karlie kept her hands on her waist as she spoke.

"You couldn't sleep without me?" She asked her girlfriend who shook her head.

"No, because I missed you. I needed your arms around my waist and your faced buried in my chest, also the amazing smell of your beautiful hair. It just didn't feel right." She admitted. Karlie smiled softly and took one of Taylor's hands in her own.

"I'm tired too, hun, so what do you say we go and pass out for a couple hours since there's nothing else to do?" She suggested. Taylor nodded, the small smile on her lips getting bigger as she agreed with the idea. "Good then, let's go." Karlie giggled out, happy that she was finally back home. They both went upstairs, one following the other and as soon as the brunette was done unpacking her bags, she crawled into bed beside Taylor, pulling her close up against her body.

"I'm so happy you're finally back from California." She said.

"I know." Karlie sighed. "I mean, it was nice there but it would've been much nicer with you." She twirled pieces of blonde hair around her finger like she always would, a huge smile present on both their faces.

"Yeah... I bet it would." Taylor joked. The green eyed girl laughed and pulled her even closer to her than before.

"Of course, Tay Tay, of course." She said with an eye roll before leaning in to kiss her. Feeling her soft lips against hers instantly made butterflies erupt in her stomach. They were the good kind of butterflies of course. Taylor knew she was lucky to be dating a stunning, such kindhearted model... well she was. Taylor knew she was lucky to have this girl in her grasp. Karlie knew that she was also lucky to the singer in her arms in this moment. They had both sworn to never hurt the other, they had both been sure the other would be by their side forever. As they parted the kiss and stared into each other's eyes, blue meeting green and green meeting blue, they felt like they belonged. They knew they belonged here with each other. "Never leave, okay?" Karlie asked.

Taylor nodded. "Okay. I'll stay forever."

Both girls giggled before feeling their eyelids become heavy. Karlie yawned and snuggled up against the blue eyed girl, closing her eyes and resting her head on her chest, listening to her steady heartbeat. That was how it should be. 

Taylor sat in the studio with her guitar on her lap, frozen. She was thankful there was no one there at the moment, just her, because she knew she could break down in tears at any second and she could already feel them coming on. As she held back a sob, she looked down at the paper below her, gripping the pen in her hand with her knuckles turning white. She sighed then wrote down the first eight words she had written that day.

I had promise to stay, but I didn't.

And that's when the tears started to spill. All that could be heard was the quiet but painful whimpers that were filled with so many emotions coming out of Taylor's mouth. All she could think was she had messed up. That memory had been shoved down so far to the bottom of her mind after the whole thing had happened. She barely remembered it happening but she knew it had. She knew she had promised that. She didn't even know what had brought it on. 

"Dammit." She cursed as she stared down at the paper, feeling the emotion of anger creep up behind her. Before she knew, she had crumpled up the lined piece of paper and thrown it onto the ground. Her next thought was to stomp on it but something wasn't letting her so she sat, her eyes focused on her ripples in the ball of paper, faintly being able to see part of the word stay. That was the one thing she had promised Karlie that she had never actually followed through with. What was so hard about keeping that promise? She just had to stay, but she didn't. 

"Well..." She muttered, figuring out the reason that had been stopping her from stomping on that lie and completely ruining it. She could easily make a song out of it and sing out her feelings. They would finally and hopefully leave the place they found in Taylor's chest causing her heartache. She just had to use those eight words to write a song. Simple.

......................

Well, it is a shorter chapter but at least I finally have an update. Thank you so much guys for reading this story and voting! Let's see if we can get this story to 1k reads!! Also, if you hadn't noticed I've been using the titles of Taylor's songs for my chapters so with the release of reputation in just over a week I'll have way more titles to choose from which will help with the inspiration part of it.