25) I Did Something Bad

The door to their house opened and Karlie launched herself up from off of the couch. She glanced ahead into the kitchen to where a blonde seven year old sat working on a school project. She had her mother's curly hair and blue eyes, and also her love for country music. Her ambition and talent was also as strong as Taylor's that sometimes Karlie swore they were the exact same.

"Brielle, Mama's home!" Karlie called happily to their daughter before continuing to skip to the door herself. Little sock feet padded across the wooden floorboards in the background when blue eyes met green. Karlie hung back, smiling at her wife while she watched little Brielle jump into Taylor's arms.

"Hey, Brie! I missed you so much! Have you been good for Mommy?" The oldest of the three asked the little one who had her head buried in the crook of her neck. Taylor got a nod from her little one and a smile grew on each of their faces.

"That's good, my angel. Wow, you're getting heavy, sweetheart." Taylor laughed a moment after, putting her daughter back down.

Brielle's tiny eyes sparkled with happiness as she announced that she had made something for her Mama while she was gone and she would be right back with it.

As the child ran upstairs to her room, Karlie decided to finally take a few steps forward and allow herself to be taken in to her wife's arms. Taylor held her tight, "I missed you too, babe, so much."

The singer had been on tour for the last couple of months and Karlie had stayed home to take care of Brielle. It was the middle of the school year for their daughter otherwise all three of them would have been on that tour together.

"I wish we could have gone with you, I don't like being here without you." Karlie said, burying her face in Taylor's hair.

"I know, but I'm back now and I'm not leaving for that long again for another good while." The older woman assured her, starting to rub her back in a comforting way.

"Good."

They both pulled back after another second and stared into each other's eyes. Karlie started to giggle after a moment causing a puzzled look to cross the blonde's face.

"What's so funny?" She asked, starting to giggle from Karlie's giggles herself.

The model shook her head. "I'm just happy."

"Oh, well that's good." Taylor smiled, tucking a few strands of lose hair behind her opposites ear.

"I'm back!" The little voice of their daughter sounded from the hallway and broke the eye contact between them. The two turned back to the little girl and gave her all their attention. She was all smiles and giggles now that her family was back together.

Karlie woke from her deep sleep to find she was tangled on the couch still with Taylor laying beside her, sleeping. She tried to shrug off the strange dream that she was starting to forget. It was pointless anyways. She doubted it would happen.

She wasn't even sure what she wanted anymore. Now that Taylor could so easily be hers and there was no fight to get her back now, Karlie just wanted to take a breather and take in everything before they jumped into a relationship again.

They needed to sort out everything and reflect on why they broke up in the first place. Karlie understood now that the texts that Taylor was getting from Katy (Taylor had told her about them last night) had a play in this but she wanted to see what those texts really said, she wanted to know what Taylor was thinking every second of that fight that broke them apart, she wanted to know what Taylor had thought of her for the past three, almost four years. She needed to know this stuff so that there wouldn't be a chance for her to fuck up their relationship again.