23) Enchanted

Thankfully, the results came back as everything was good and apparently Karlie was lucky that she hadn't gotten any worse of an injury from that incident only earlier that day. Now she sat alone at home - well, by home she meant the house her and Taylor used to live in together. The moment they met, the two of them had clicked so well. It was like a spark had gone off between them and maybe it was fate, because not too long after that, they ran into each other again. They went on a date which then happened to turn into two, then three, and before they knew it, just six months later Taylor had moved in with Karlie.

She could remember so much from their three years together. Sometimes she almost wished she didn't have all these memories. Sometimes they were too much to recall. But she couldn't help it. It wasn't like she could force herself to forget all about the good and the bad of those years together. That just wasn't possible.

Taylor would forever be in her mind, as clear as day, never able to be forgotten about.

So there Karlie sat on the couch at her place, trying to occupy herself the best she could by watching tv, reading a book, scrolling around on instagram or twitter. None of which seemed to work. She was at a lost hope, a fork in the road. She had all these options but none seemed to kill her boredom to the extent she wanted. Although, there was one option she hadn't considered well.

Taylor.

Throughout the day they had seemed to be shifting towards good terms. Maybe they could simply talk again, warm up to each other after they had turned so cold. The truth about that night was revealed, nothing else was hidden. There was no reason they couldn't simply talk again, talk about their day, about things they found funny, things they found sad. They could talk about anything.

That would definitely threaten boredom, drive it to its death.

With Taylor, she was never bored. Maybe it sounded cliché, it was cliché, but being with her, there was always something new. Every day. Even then, if there was nothing to talk about, she could stare at her all day if she had to. Taylor was something special, she was an angel. Karlie couldn't agree more that she lost something so significant in her life that day.

Suddenly, her phone rang. The delicate jingle cutting through the silence in the room. Karlie immediately went to answer it when she saw the name occupying her thoughts flashing across the screen.

"Taylor?" She answered in question. There had to be a reason why the blonde was calling her, but what was that reason?

"Hey Karls. And yeah, it's me." Her ex said, re-claiming the old nickname she had given Karlie years ago.

"Hi."

There was a pause. Then came a sigh from the other end of the line. It carried so many emotions with it but most of all, she sounded... embarrassed?

"Look, I'm calling mostly because I can't sleep." Her words sounded as if they had broken free from being held back for so long.

"Oh, why's that?"

"Well... I think I'm... scared." Her voice faded from its normal confidence to a sound so small and fragile.

Karlie felt her heart break. Why was she scared?

"Scared? Of what?" She asked.

"I don't- Well, maybe I'm not scared but I'm shaken up from today and I can't sleep because of it."

"Oh b-" Nope. Stop yourself, Karlie. She couldn't slip up and call her baby. That would be such a mistake. Especially when they were finally getting on good terms again. So she said the first thing to come to mind, other than comforting her like she would use to. "Here, come over."