Chapter 21: The Sword God Appear. Is Victory Even Possible?

Hello everyone! In this chapter, we're going to see some Mifune action so be prepared! I don't have much of an update, so I'll just continue on with the story. I don't own Soul Eater, just my OC's.

Now, how should I do this?🎵 Hisui nervously asks herself.

It was Hisui against Mifune. After defeating several swordsman who approached her while collecting herbs, Hisui was confronted by Mifune, who happened to be teacher of the thugs she beaten. Hisui is well aware of the position she is in and it scared her from the inside. Mifune is arguably one of the strongest swordsman around and Hisui has heard many stories of him cutting down his opponents, kishins and humans alike, with his dozens of swords. Hisui is relieved that she's wearing her mask to hide her face, but the fact that Mifune already sees her as an opponent washed away very little relief. However, she has some confidence that she will be able to fend him off long enough for her to escape. Although, the barrier of swords will prove to be troublesome to escape through.

"You didn't answer my question." Mifune said. "I asked if you're the one who injured my students."

"Yeah, I did.🎵" Hisui admitted. "However, they attacked me first so I just fought back."

Despite her argument, Mifune seemed to have no interest in Hisui's explanation and charged towards Hisui. As he done so, Mifune grabs on of the swords that were stuck into the ground and slashes it at Hisui. In response, Hisui raised her arms up and activates her weapon ability in hoping to block Mifune's sword. Mifune caught notice of the change.

What happened to her arms?

Thanks to Hisui's increased guard, Mifune's sword didn't break through her skin. However, the slash had so much power behind it that it knocked Hisui right off her feet. Once she landed on the ground, Hisui let out a violent cough.

What's with his strength? Hisui asks herself in shock.

Mifune was intrigued on how fast Hisui was able to recover from his attack. Even though he wasn't aiming to deliver a lethal blow, Mifune is still a bit surprised that she didn't bleed from his blade.

Damn this guy is unbelievably strong! Hisui mumbled.

Hisui quickly stood up straight, prepared to go on the offensive for a change, and charged towards Mifune. Mifune immeditatly noticed the change in Hisui the moment she stood up and made haste. The swordsman jumped behind a row of swords and raised the sword in his hand in preparation. Realizing that Mifune was going to attack before her, Hisui screeched to a stop.

"Jade Armament: Chest!" Hisui yells as she stood ground.

At that moment, Hisui's chest glowed and then turned into a green crystal like chestplate. The Sword God was not taken aback by his opponent's technique and so continued on with his own attack. From behind his line of swords, Mifune struck three of the swords sending them twirling through the air. Once all three swords were at around eye level, Mifune hit them with his own and sent the three swords flying towards the masked girl.

"Sword Fang."