Prologue

5 months after the kishin Asura was defeated, the madness that was leaked from the aftermath of the battle still wavered around the world. This resulted in an increase in the number of monsters and witches that absorbed the lingering madness in the air. The DWMA had to work more than usual in order to decrease the numbers of cases.

~ In a California Sequoia Forest...

It's the middle of the night and all's nice and quiet, but not for long. A female figure runs through the forest floor, exhausted and out of breath. As she continues to runs through the forest, a faint shadowy figure can be seen trailing her at a fast pace. The tired female appears to be a woman no younger than 30. She is wearing a black vest along with a white undershirt completed with a striped black and white skirt. She is also wearing tap shoes and also has a red top hat on. Due to her running through the forest, her outfit is now torn and covered with twigs and leaves.

"Did I lose him?" the woman asks herself between ragged breaths.

Just then, a figure leaped out in front of her upon response. To the woman's terror, the figure stares at her with a grim smile and glare.

"Oh, I don't think so Ms. Witch Marigol." the figure said walking up.

The figure was a tall boy in his early teens, probably around ages 15 or 16. As he came out of the shadows, he had an appearance of what Marigol would describe as a demon. He may look innocent in appearance, but the atmosphere around him felt pressuring. He's definitely at the 6 foot mark in height and has a strong, yet lean build. He's wearing an old vest along with tattered jeans. His most striking feature was his dark red hair, that stood up and pointed outwards. The boy walks slowly towards the witch and closes the distance between them. Marigol, struck by fear, couldn't run, but back away slowly. All of the sudden she got stuck in something, like a net or some web making it impossible to move any further.

"I can't move!" she mutters to herself as she struggles to break free. It wasn't until she looked up to see that the boy is right in front of her. He has caught up and is looking down at Marigol.

"Of course you can't move." the boy said. "I won't let you escape that easily." The boy continues to slowly steps towards the frightened witch. "Ever since that the death of that OP kishin, Ahshura or something, I've been finding you witches and kishins all over the place."

"We witches believe that this is our time to bring out our power to take down Lord Death. This madness is what we need to win!" Marigol yells. "Are you with the DWMA?!"

Then, in a instant, Marigol's left arm dropped
to the ground. It was sliced off from her body leaving a clean flesh wound. She didn't panic nor did she scream from the injury. The witch just stared at her severed arm processing on what had just happened.

"What did you do?" she whimpered just loud enough for the boy to hear.

"Me? With the DWMA? Don't make me laugh." the boy growls. "I'll never joined that disgusting organization."

Then in response, Marigol's chest was slashed open which released a spray of blood. She let out a scream that pierces the silence.

"That very name disgusts me! There rules and ways hinder us and it's my job to break those rules!" he said in a menacing voice. His stare gave the witch a fear like nothing she had ever experienced before. "I'll make them understand the true power of a weapon. By taking down witches, monsters, and even kishins, I'll get stronger and stronger!"

"Why are you doing this?" Marigol asks as she breathes heavily through the pain. "What's your gain in this?!"

"That is not of your concern witch." the boy said.

With that, he swiped his arms which slices the poor witch down the middle of her body.

Suddenly, the witch's soul floats in the air after the boy killed her. Without hesitation, he grabs the soul and licks his chops before eating it.

"I can feel myself getting stronger after every battle and when I get strong enough, I'll show the world how us weapons are so superior to those lousy meisters that hinder us. I'll show them all."

This is my first fanfiction so I appreciate any advice or opinions of my work. So to all you Soul Eater fans or anyone who is reading this, please enjoy!