Chapter 13: A Competition of Strength! Black Star vs the Mysterious Stranger.

On October 15 2017, I posted my first story on Wattpad. This story was my first work and I intend to make this my best. Thank you all for reading this story since it first came out one year ago! Enjoy the chapter, I don't own Soul Eater.

It was day two of the Purgatory Bazaar and it meant back to business for the shops on the streets. In Hisui's case, the Honest Herbs tent will be back on and changes were needed. For one, the prices needs to be increased properly since they were way too cheap. Also, some items also needed to be assorted since the customers messed with some of the placing. Thankfully, Jyin was there to help her or rather forced to help. Hisui actually wanted Jyin to rest for a few days before doing anything extreme and he might as well help since he's here. For the time being, Jyin's help is required for remaking prices, lifting cargo and assisting customers.

After a couple hours of work, Jyin was allowed to explore the bazaar. This allowed him to get his bearings and gather information in Death City. In addition to his break, Hisui gave Jyin some spending money in case he wanted to buy something.

"You can look around downtown, but remember these two rules: Stay inside the bazaar and don't bring attention to yourself.🎵" Hisui sternly told Jyin.

"Yeah, sure." Jyin called back as he casually exited the tent.

Jyin stretched his arms outward as he took in a deep breath of air. It's been a while since he took a casual stroll and without fighting for once.

I can't wait to see Death City! Jyin thought smiling I hope I find something interesting out here.

Jyin walked around looking at different booths and shops, but none of them seem very exciting to him. Hisui might be interested in some of them though, but she could check them out on her spare time. He also glanced around at his surroundings every once in awhile checking for any corners or routes he can use to escape in case he needs to in future fights. Just then, he started to hear loud cheering from above the stairs at his left. Curious, he went up the steps to see what's happening. He then saw a large crowd swarming around a table and as he walked closer it turned out to be an arm wrestling competition where you can bid to challenge. Now this is something exciting and right up his alley. Jyin then recalled being told by Hisui not to stand out, so entering was out of the question, much to his dissatisfaction. Watching it shouldn't be that bad though.

"Yahoo! That's another win for the amazing Black Star!"

Black Star? I've heard that name before. Jyin thought as he went up to get a better look.

It turns out that Black Star has entered the arm wrestling competition, with Tsubaki as the judge, and he is currently holding a winning streak. He couldn't tell who was holding tournament, but Tsubaki might as well be the one who's hosting the thing with Black Star constant wins. After the previous competitor's bitter loss, another person came to take his place. He is a tall man, taller than Jyin, with muscular arms and tattoos on his face walked up to the now empty seat. His stern face is filled with determination.

 His stern face is filled with determination