Chapter 5: Crona's Mission. Preperations To Fight a Devil

Ok i'm back! Sorry for the delay. Not much to say, but I will add a slight Soul x Maka fluff so fair warning. Aside from that I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and as always thanks for reading. I don't own Soul Eater.

~At the DWMA main office

The staff members of the DWMA are starting to become frantic after finding out that Jyin has defeated another non human. This will mark the 22nd kishin the Devil Weapon killed, not counting the witches and evil organizations, he destroyed or killed. It was also worrisome because the attack was located pretty near Death City.

"What was the kishin's identity?" Sid asks while trying to keep the commotion in the DWMA staff office to a minimum.

"The monster's name was 'Big Machu'." said a staff member. "That monster was famous for it's endurance and stamina. It would overpower people with his bulk and after cornering his victim, he will eat them."

His pace is faster than ours and at this rate he may be a more dangerous person if we don't stop him soon. Sid thought to himself. I still can't believe how serious we're taking this. This is a kid we're dealing with.

"Big Machu wasn't too far from the town before Death City. Is the 'Devil Weapon' planning to head here next?" asks a nervous staff member.

Just then, a man enters the main office while rolling on a swivel chair. He was none other than Professor Stien. Stien watch the commotion while smoking his cigarette, waiting to see how the staff would handle themselves. Sid went up to Stien and gave him a 'please help me out' look.

"The Demon Sword is a one of a kind and unique weapon. The power of the black blood that powers it is also unique in it's own way too and not a weapon that is known to most." Stein spoke up ending the chatter. "Since Crona is the one who wields the Demon Sword, I recommend that we should send him to capture the 'Devil Weapon'."

The staff murmur at the idea that was presented to them. Crona has become well trained after enrolling into the academy officially and his weapon, Ragnorok, is strong in his own way. He's also capable of using his blood as a weapon and has mastered many techniques in handling it. After some debate, the staff agreed to send Crona after Jyin.

"Do you really think he's up for this" Sid asks the professor once the debate was over.

"I have complete faith that he will give it his all." Stien answers. "But if his opponent is able to surpass him, this will confirm that we will have an even bigger problem."

~ At Stein and Marie's house...

"You didn't have to come." said Crona opening the door for Soul and Maka.

"Maka wanted to see you before you go off." Soul said. "After all, this is a pretty big mission your doing."

"It must be scary knowing that you will be sent to face such a strong opponent." Maka said with a worried look.

While the three chat, Marie served tea to them and offered small pastries. Since Marie moved in, visits to their house was changing little by little. Marie, Stein and Crona have redecorated the house to make it a bit more 'presentable'. The walls were painted a nice navy blue with gray stripes and stiches of course. The furniture were more modern, replacing the gray and eerie ones from before. The exterior of the house was kept the same because the professor wanted to keep something to his liking. Despite all this, you can still see the professor's lab tables from who knows what kind of experiments.

"It will be no problem for Crona!" said Ragnorok after he popped out of Crona's back. "This loser has me, as his ultimate weapon."

Ultimate? Soul and Maka thought sweat dropping.