Chapter 18: Back in time. The rebels will rise up.

Hello once again, I don't have much to say this time so let's roll into the next chapter. I don't own Soul Eater.

"Soul Resonance!"

When Lillie and Jack yelled 'Soul Resonance', their souls began to grow stronger and the air around them wavered. Lillie's bat form began to shimmer and glow thanks to the power of their bond. Jack took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. He walked forward to his opponents and cracked his neck. This threw off Jazmine and Crane because they couldn't believe that Jack is walking off the pain like nothing all of the sudden.

"I feel much better now." Jack said with a smirk. "Now we can get serious."

"Oh please, your attacks are too wild and predictable." Jazmine laughed in response. "Soul Resonance increases the strength and spirit of weapon and doesn't change a meister's..."

Even though she was mid sentence, Jazmine just barely dodged a sudden swing from Jack. She could feel the power of Jack's swing inches away from her whole body. She couldn't believe that Jack's movements and his increasing physical strength all because of Soul Resonance. Jazmine decided to put some distance between her and Jack since she is still unfamiliar with his sudden change, but Jack reacted instantly. He continued to swing Lillie at his opponent at a faster pace and his techniques are starting to change as he continued, Jazmine and Crane took notice.

His swings aren't becoming as wild as before. Crane noticed.

Jazmine decide to take the offensive and slashes Jack from behind. In response to Jazmine backslash, Jack pivoted to his left, then ducked under the blade and swung Lillie towards the scythe miester's side. To everyone's surprise, the attack made its mark on Jazmine's body and a soft crack was heard from her side. Jazmine was winced at the pain in her side, but she managed to retaliate back by swiping Crane at Jack. He put up Lillie to block the attack, but was knocked back by the slash, grazing his torso in the process.

 He put up Lillie to block the attack, but was knocked back by the slash, grazing his torso in the process

He broke my ribs! Jazmine murmured as she clutched her bruised side. His movements have changed unexpectedly.

Jack rushed forward towards Jazmine and continued of onslaught of attacks while she followed suit. After the first couple of seconds, Jazmine began to get the upper hand again and was starting to push him back, but their opponents were putting up more of a fight than she and Crane have thought.

"Instead of fighting a bat user who uses brute force and wide swings to devastate opponent, he is starting to focus on precision and parrying." Crane said from his weapon form. "Its almost as if we're fighting a swordsman."

"By studying the ways and using the techniques of other weapons, you can change take that knowledge and use it in battle." Jack explained. "Thanks to Soul Resonance, I can use sword techniques with better precision."

Jazmine stared at the duo and began to twirl Crane behind her back in circular motions. "Dance of Cinderella: Sweet Slicing."

Unlike her previous attacks, Jazmine stood in place instead of her usual dancing. This time she swiped Crane side to side and thus releasing several white horizontal slashes. The slashes moved forward and came at Jack like a wave, to him they were like toppling towers. Despite the intimidating attack, Jack was able to dodge the slashes and even blocked some with Lillie. Soon enough, Jazmine attack's were beginning overpower Jack and he was resorting to blocking.