Chapter 8: Meanwhile at Death City...

Hi again, I hope you guys enjoyed the story so far. This chapter is a SoulxMaka fluff just so there can be a break from all the fighting. If your not into this pairing, oh well, I can't help you there. Well, getting back to it, I hope you guys will enjoys this chapter too. I don't own Soul Eater.

These events takes place during the same evening as the battle with Crona against Jyin.

~ At the Albarn/Evans residence

It's close to 4 o'clock and a certain weapon and miester pair are getting ready to go upon a dinner date that their teacher 'forced' them on. Ms. Marie, a Death Scythe and DWMA teacher, gave Soul and Maka tickets to a fancy italian restaurant as a way to get them romantically closer. She does love her romance after all.

"Hurry Soul!" Maka yells as she waits patiently for her partner/boyfriend. "The tickets say our seats are reserved until 5:30 and I don't want to be late!"

Maka wore a nice black dress with a lovely lace collar for this evening. She also decided to change her hairstyle a little and put her hair in a small bun instead of her usual pigtails. Despite going on a date and at a fancy restaurant at that, she decided not to put on make-up. On their first date, Maka wanted to put on make-up, but accidentally went a little overboard. Soul found it cringing and uncool so he made her wash it all off right away. Maka's current appearance would have made Spirit proud, if only it wasn't to impress Soul.

"Alright, i'm coming!" Soul yells back. "Couldn't Ms. Marie gave us tickets that actually gave us time to prepare?"

Soul came down the hall with his classic 'black room' attire. He liked the suit from the black room so he decided to order a customized outfit that matches the same as the original. Needless to say, it fits like a glove. Maka sighed and went up to Soul to straighten his tie that was messily made and smiles at him when she finished.

"I guess we're ready to go." Soul said with a grin.

"Yep!" Maka agrees smiling.

"Enjoy your dinner date!" Blair said waving to the duo in her cat form as they exited the room.

After driving to their destination, with 15 minutes to spare, all Maka and Soul could do was look up in awe. This place wasn't just big, it was HUGE. It looks about four stories high, not including the roof. It has grand marble statues of different people, probably famous. The building also has large columns that supported it and colorful tapestries that hanged from the ledges of the building. After staring at the outside, the pair went through the swiveling glass doors only to see a luxurious interior. Chandeliers, paintings, background music and in the center was a large gold colored lion statue about a floor up, with water gushing out of it's mouth and into a large Japanese garden fountain with koi fish inside. It was indeed a paradise within a dream. It wasn't a 5-star restaurant for nothing.

"Hey, did you know this place was at least an hour away from where we lived?" Soul asks still staring at his surroundings in awe.

"No." Maka responded smiling at the wondrous building. "How on earth did Ms. Marie get tickets for this place?"

As the couple went to the front desk to get their seats, another weapon and miester pair were watching over the rails from the floor above them.

"I can't tell if your here for your own entertainment or this just happened out of coincidence."

Marie and Stien, who are also in well dressed attire, were eating at the restaurant as well. Marie won 4 tickets to this place at a raffle and since Crona couldn't come or anyone else, she decided to give it to the pair. She found it interesting and fun to see Soul and Maka on a date with romance blossoming and all. Stien was worried that she won't focus on dinner because of this.