Chapter 17

"What are you doing here?" I asked in surprised.

"I saw this guy stalking your house." Josh said icily.

James snorted. "I wasn't stalking. I was simply here to return her notebook which I accidentally took with me."

"Oh, yeah? And you can't wait to return it to her tomorrow?" Josh accused.

"I figured she would need it to study." James replied just as irritated as Josh. "What the heck are you doing here anyway?"

"I live on this street. I was out talking a nice stroll when I saw you lurking in front of her house."

"So what? You're her watchdog now?"

"Stop it!" I interjected before Josh could answer. "I don't want the two of you arguing in my front porch."

"Then you better tell this guy to mind his own business." James glared at Josh.

"Then stay away from her!" Josh retorted.

"Enough!" I shouted. I hope though that didn't catch the attention of my parents who are probably in their bedroom. "Stop it, I don't really get why the two of you are arguing." I closed my eyes and sighed heavily. "Alright, what can I do for you guys?"

"As I said," James answered first. "I'm here to return your notebook. I accidentally took it with me and I figured you want it back for you to study."

I took the notebook and gave him a brief smile. "Thanks." I then turned to Josh.

He shrugged and cleared his throat. "Nothing much. I just wanted to see if you're okay."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm fine, Josh, thank you."

We stared in silence for a while. Neither of us spoke nor took a step away from where we are standing.

"Uhmm, anything else?" I prompted. I'm wondering why they haven't moved an inch yet.

"I'm not leaving until he leaves." Josh pointed at James.

James smirked and crossed his arms over his chest. "Oh, no dude. I'm not leaving unless you leave."