Chapter 18

Another letter. There's another letter from J.

I walked a little faster to my locker and immediately took the letter out. It only read,

M,

To the masquerade ball, with me?

~J

I had to read it three time to make sure I had the words right. Is J actually inviting me to the masquerade ball? For some reason, I can feel excitement bubbling up inside me. Until a week ago, I didn't have any plans to go to the masquerade ball next weekend. But now, I suddenly want to.

"Hey, girlfriend!" Abby jumped beside me. "What's up?"

I waved J's letter in her face.

"Another letter?" She asked and I nodded. "Dang! I knew you'd receive one today. We should really have opted for the hidden camera. Well, what does it say?"

"J is inviting me to the masquerade ball with him." I replied calmly although deep inside I have a storm going on.

Both Abby's eyes and mouth formed an huge O I almost laughed. "Are you serious?"

I nodded and showed her the letter.

"Oh my gosh! I think he's planning to finally reveal himself to you at the ball. What do you think?"

"I..." hope so? hope not? "...don't know." I frowned.

"Girl, we have to shop for a dress this weekend! And we have to book a salon. I am gonna make you the most beautiful girl in that ball. But next to me of course."

"But I..." Abby placed a finger to my mouth before I could continue.

"Nah-uh! You. Are. Going. To. The. Ball. And. Meet. J." She then clapped her hands in excitement. "This is gonna be so awesome."

Despite not wanting to go, I found myself agreeing with Abby. Somehow, my curiosity as to who J is won over.

~~~~~

"Why exactly am I driving you again?" Josh complained for the third time as we drove to the mall Saturday afternoon.